Downloads
    Uploads

Arcane hierophants

Arcane Hierophant is a prestige class i found in Races of the Wild source book, it is an ideal for multiclass druids/wizards (or magicians for non blooded) and it can be ideal for Ruornil worshiping druids.
    Arcane Hierophants are organised in circles called citadels, circles are lead by the Speakers, and one circle must have at least 7 members, many rangers, magicians, wizards, bards and even some barbarians can be found as adjected to the circle. in Eastern Basin States of Brechtur, and in Treucht Ruornils and Eric religion is mixed, so this type of organisations would be ideal, as well in some other realms on Cerrilia.
    What do you think ????

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its very fitting. But what level would a character need to access it? Given the normal level constraints, PrC's are often out of reach, or just barely within reach.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well the class requirements are BAB+4, knowledge(arcana) and knowledge(nature) 8 ranks, 2nd level of arcane and divine spells and trackless step class feature( Druid lvl 3), so that is 7th level it is a bit higher then Cerrilias standards, but not all members of the circle do not need to be full fledged arcane hireophants, but they need to be divine and arcane casters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've tried with some success to reduce the min level required to enter most prestige classes to about 3rd level...that makes prestige classes more accessible, and given that 9th level is about as high as I go, it feels quite right.

Tweaking the requisites is easy and intuitive.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've generally just preferred to redesign the class as a basic class. This also allows better balancing since sometimes PrC's can be overpowered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post
    I've generally just preferred to redesign the class as a basic class. This also allows better balancing since sometimes PrC's can be overpowered.
    It is hard to convert this class as basic class, cause it advances in divine and arcane magic at the same time, it is good as the prestige class, it represents really strong and powerful wizards, who are tied to the land and cherish it.
    For example Rheulan Greencloack could be arcane hierophant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Allowing advances in spellcasting in both arcane and divine at the same time, even without significant other class features (such as only channeling plants and animals), are the kinds of game breaking ideas that give PrC's a bad name. The fact that Skip Williams could put his name to this mistake is evidence enough that 4e was well worth creating. Its a fact that spell-casting characters out pace other characters at higher level. This class doubles down on that error.

And then there is the issue that BR is a low magic world.

When I wanted a Ruornilian spellcaster with fluency in both arcane and divine, I made a new spell list with some arcane and some divine spells, but with a single spell progression. I based mine off of the druid class, but one could just as reasonably base it off of wizard and then swap out some wizard stuff and spells for divine powers and spell. Simply doubling up on spells is not the answer.

Thread Information