Downloads
    Uploads

Some writings on Aduria...

Hey guys--

I've been going back through some old stuff, and I came across something I had written a few years back. Its a realm description I wrote up for a city-state in Aduria. It makes use of the unreleased Aduria documents, some of Raesene's work along the same lines, and some work of my own creation. I've got some additional material of a similar character which I'll put up in a while (I don't have access to it right now).

Here's the link --

http://aeonsociety.topcities.com/Aduria/Oeried.html

I'm mostly happy with it, although if I were to re-write it, there are some things I would change (like the province level).

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested in a general Adurian geography. I'd be happy to find all that's been done and compile it to a grander writeup. The way it is now, all the little pieces may not fit the big picture, so taking it on larger scope and then zoom in to particular area is what I imagine would make better work. The existing material should then be edited to fit in.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    I too have been a little concerned with Aduria. The stuff I have been rewriting relating to the Yikarian Empire originally seems to make the assumption that the empire is on the west side of Aduria (even though the map was really made for Forgotten Realms). I swapped east for west for the wiki but it is easy to change it back.

Some of our constructions of Aduria seem to think there have been a lot of "empires" there. I am not sure what the envisaged timelines of these empires were but I imagine they would have to be seen as resembling the Sumerian, Babylonian, Akkadian, Hittite, Persian, Egyptian, Greek and Roman empires etc.

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's plenty of room for everything, Aduria is no small continent. Since I'm trying to do some Vosgaard history, had to go back to the roots and, of course, take it back for a quick spin in Aduria. The point is, I'm not interested in "just another fan version" of (part of) Aduria, but something bigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aduria should have a longer history than Cerilia - at least from a human perspective.

The Andu, Brecht, Masetian, Rjuven and Vos all had significant populations (and thus history) there before they emigrated to Cerilia.

So ancient empires fit the background, of course you do wonder why Aduria has been so silent since...

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely true, it should have plenty. But yes, the problem is (may not be the problem at all) why then there was no more impact on Cerilia?

Anuirean colonies. Idea: They were established as a zone between the beastmen and other races of Aduria to never again reach the fled human tribes and bring about another cataclysm like Deismaar. They were strong when Roele conquered major part of Cerilia and he appointed governors to those colonies. With his death the power of Anuire faded, but the colonies survived for many years. Some were destroyed, some squabbled amongst themselves, but the name is there.

Probably the empires never reached the former glory so there was no real threat to destroy the colonies, as the colonies never grew to be any significant threat to Cerilia. They may be on the rise again, at the present day...

Imagine what campaign that would be, Cerilian-Adurian along the Straits of Aerele.
    I would gladly see the Masetians "revived" in Aduria. Don't know if there should be any remnants of the old tribes or if they completely moved to Cerilia + being completely annihilated, except for the colonies, of course.

Administrator
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    I would gladly see the Masetians "revived" in Aduria. Don't know if there should be any remnants of the old tribes or if they completely moved to Cerilia + being completely annihilated, except for the colonies, of course.
    well just take a look at the "lost" civilizations on earth.. for example the Inca's
    even though the Spanish "destroyed" it some tribes managed to flee into the jungle and survived.. their numbers are even growing now.

dont forget the battle of deismaar is 1524 years ago... so tribes that did stay behind could have grown in numbers tremendously

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's all depending on time, situation, survival skill, surroundings, frequency of war, ... There are some nations on earth long gone, some merely surviving, and some growing in numbers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have added the "semi-official" map of Aduria to the wiki at http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...age:Aduria.JPG

Sorontar

Thread Information