Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Draft Chapt 4e conversion

Hi everyone!

I have uploaded a draft chapter of my 4e conversion of Bloodlines and Blood Abilities in the Core Rules download section.

Would love some feedback from anyone interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not a 4e player so I can't comment on how good or bad your changes are, but would I be right in thinking that the main conversions you made were:
    * if you are born blooded then you must have the Blooded Scion feat (previously just an alternate rule for 3e)
    * you converted the Blood Abilities descriptions into 4e?

Anything that I missed?

Sorontar
    Last edited by Sorontar; 06-03-2009 at 04:23 AM. Reason: clarified

It isn't the way I would do it but I would say that it looks decent enough! Good job! My only thing is the beginning there is like four or five repeatitions of the same theme and at one point it looked like there was a copy and paste from a earlier paragraph.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't really made any changes to the base rules. Just very minor modifications.

Yes I have just cut and pasted mainly from the 3e PDF material and as I said it is a draft so I might have the same thing a couplke of times by mistake. I have printed out a copy for myself to read over and edit.

My conversion is based off the 2e material and that Bloodline and Abilities were an added extra on top of the character class you chose. I am off setting this for non-blooded characters with other things but that is in another chapter that I am working on.

The main conversion is just the Blood Abilites themselves and how they work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdarkdraco View Post
    I haven't really made any changes to the base rules. Just very minor modifications.

Yes I have just cut and pasted mainly from the 3e PDF material and as I said it is a draft so I might have the same thing a couplke of times by mistake. I have printed out a copy for myself to read over and edit.

My conversion is based off the 2e material and that Bloodline and Abilities were an added extra on top of the character class you chose. I am off setting this for non-blooded characters with other things but that is in another chapter that I am working on.

The main conversion is just the Blood Abilites themselves and how they work.
    I will at a later try to provide some more constructive comments, but for now great work! I like the way you converted the 2nd feel into 4th powers.

I do have one general question to you and the "4th community": Should random powers, or better yet unequal powers for different pc's based on luck, be standard in 4th edition, or purely optional?

The answer to this question does not matter to specific campaigns because the DM will always choose what suits his or her campaign best, but it an important question for generating a common development philosophy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Tiamat View Post

I do have one general question to you and the "4th community": Should random powers, or better yet unequal powers for different pc's based on luck, be standard in 4th edition, or purely optional?
    This is one of those things that caused a lot of "discussion" during the BRCS development.

D&D has progressivley gotten away from randomness. 3.5 almost entirely eliminated it and 4th ed pretty much has (ability score generation is now standard non-random instead of that being an alternate system (in 3.5)).

So I would have to say for a true 4th ed game the system mechanics have mostly eliminated the randomness and thus IMO the BR 4th ed version should likewise do the same thing.

Now this implies that blood abilities should be "tweaked" to make them more "balanced" - at least as much as "feats" are. In 3.5 not all feats were "equal" and I believe that pattern still holds in 4th ed, albeit not as drastic.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdarkdraco View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have uploaded a draft chapter of my 4e conversion of Bloodlines and Blood Abilities in the Core Rules download section.

Would love some feedback from anyone interested.
    Should Alter Appearnce not be similar to the lvl 6 wizard utility Disguise Self?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Tiamat View Post
    Should Alter Appearnce not be similar to the lvl 6 wizard utility Disguise Self?
    Yep it is. I missed that when I was doing the power. Thanks I will just use that now. I didn't look at the 4e powers when I did my conversion because I was working rfom 2e & 3e.

Thanks for picking it up, much appriciated.

Thread Information