Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun or Greed

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with you that all worked fine in the end. Some of my players(particularly one major power-monger) find hard to stomach my policy of "If the dm(me) doesn't know about something, it doesn't exist, never happened and cannot work." Its kind of a draconic measure, but I've had harsh problems with players stating things retroactively("An ogre, uh? You know, its likely my character would have listened to the door before opening it.") or me having to say "Uh? Your character can do that?". Well, no didn't, no can't. If you can't think of it when its the time to say it, too bad, and if you don't trust me enough not to make some "bad dming" (i.e. stepping in to prevent you from doing something legit on a fiat), then why the hell are you still playing with me?

Na, players shouldn't be doing this, they shouldn't HAVE to be doing this. And if they do, that's a major problem for me.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lord Eldred said:

Magian, I am not talking about your characters. We all have charaters that we have played that have been greedy. That is part of the fun of roleplaying but have you had the player who is so greedy for their character they cheat. Since I am all about the role playing and not about trying to win (which there is no way (unless you are in tournament) but I have seen players who think there are winners and losers), I have had a problem with people who give their characters stuff that they didn't get in game play. That is what this thread is about!

end quote:

I think my post touched on this even though your original question had nothing so specific to lead me in that direction.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just reread your post and I don't know why I mentioned your name in my last post. :P :) ;) I just get caught in the passion of the argument!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think half the fun is opposing greed.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand Lord Eldred it means you really like the game which proves to me that TSR screwed up by not continuing it because it is not dead.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Birthright lives in the hearts of all who have become members of this site. Now if we could only get Wizards of the Coast to realize the big mistake that TSR made by not continuing on with this world!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who needs Wizards?

We have each other.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the sentiment Magian, but until you get that Touch of Decay bloodpower fixed... I'm not giving you a hug.
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww come on Lawgiver...give Magian a hug...it won't hurt you!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, No... By all means you first... I insist.
    Lawgiver

Thread Information