Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabloj View Post
    Wasn´t sure where to publish this, so I made a new thread.

Well, I have been following the excerpts from the upcoming D&D 4th PHB 2. And someting certainly caught my attention.

Core and plain D&D 4th edition is aiming to create a general-broad-scoping-anything fits kind of fantasy setting. But not to force you to use it all. Instead, I feel they are giving us solid rules for fantasy RPG, for the players and DMs to choose what to use and what not.

Take the Devas for example... I can´t imagine fitting them anywhere on Birthright, nor on many other fantasy settings. Same happens with Goliaths, or some of the classes. But a lot of new material is great and will help us push our game and setting forward.

My point is: we should not be afraid of letting core D&D 4th elements out if we feel they have no place in this setting. But on the other hand, we should keep an open mind to this new, fresh elements, that might bring new life to BR. All settings evolve (some too dramatically like Forgotten realms). I see no reason why we could not let a certain race or class if it is good and fun for the game. And arguing "it was not on BR 2nd Edition" is not enough in my opinion, just as forcing old mechanics in the game like the detect evil from the halfling. I hope that whatever we do with the conversion keeps this in mind.
    I haven't seen D&D 4 manuals,but a friend of mine said "10% of the manuals is about description (enviroment,society etc) and 90% is about combat".Since Birthright is about diplomacy,politics,strategy AND combat I would ignore D&D 4 if what my friend said because that will take a lot of effort for learn to fight...and then who will have the time to learn (or simply to use since more complicate combat means longer combat) the other aspects of Birthright?

(rant on)

Quickly becoming my biggest pet-peeve is people that come to a 4E board with no knowledge of 4E just to tell the people that have knowledge of 4E and are trying to be productive members of the forums that "You shouldn't bother with 4E because 4E is bad" though maybe in longer and more pretty wordings.

(rant off)

To make up for my rant, I will post something productive later.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to know I got into your head, now you'll be hyper-productive.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    Nice to know I got into your head, now you'll be hyper-productive.
    Except that it wasn't you at all unless you have been moonlighting as someone else.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I tend to sleep during the night, and hopefully all my alter egos.
    Bah, and I thought that I was being useful...
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    As it turns out, everything you write now, they own. That would mean if they ever decide to re-publish the birthright system, they'd have all the rights to do so, and if your name even gets mentioned, that's about it. I seriously doubt that you'd get any more from it.
    I like this idea very much - a quick easy to use generic system which WoTC will publish because it's so slick. We can provide variant and tournament rules inline with the basic domain system model or as supplementry books.

Not that we'll suplant their golden child eberon or w/e...

Thread Information