Downloads
    Uploads

Devastation of Maglubiyet

Discussion thread for Devastation of Maglubiyet. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is Maglubiyet a Birthright god or has someone just used it instead of Kartathok?

Downloads
    Uploads
    pg 80 of the rulebook says Kartathok is remarkably similar to the god Maglubiyet (found in DMGR4).

So I assume Kartathok is the Birthright name for Maglubiyet, but that all the stats and characteristics of M could be used for K directly.

As such I would make Maglubiyet a referrer to Kartathok. Because Tribes of the Heartless Wastes openly refers to Maglubiyet and not to Kartathok. I would guess that by the time Ed Stark authored TofHW, it was forgotten that for BR, M was called K.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We could claim that Maglubiyet was a Vos name for Kartathok. The form of the name seems good enough to use and that would allow the domain name to stay. There don't seem to be references to Kartathok in Vosgaard pages yet. And Kartathok remains as the Anuirean form of the goblinoid name.

That brings me to another point. We know how the humans got to Cerilia as different cultures and genetic tendancies. What about the goblinoids? Now that their communities are divided by human (and elvish) settlements, do they interact? Or is that against their nature? Should we give cultural feats for goblinoids (and other races) according to their realm or region? If it works for humans (who do intermingle), why not for other races?

Sorontar

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in favor for Maglubiyet as an outsider name for Kartathok.

As for goblins, Cerilia is probably their home continent, and they, like the elves, have been cut off from the rest of their kin. Although their kingdoms are not connected, we could presume that in a less populated areas they could travel around without being hunted down. But goblins don't really like each other that much even in the same province, at least that's how I always imagined them.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it is an outsider name, then we need to change the domain to Devastation of Kartathok.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this canon information that has yet to be uploaded? If so, we shouldn't change it, though we could set up a redirect from the alternative name.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Devastation of Maglubiyet is canon, the use of Maglubiyet is canon in TotHW, but in the rule book it says Maglubiyet is called Kartathok in BR. Devastation of Maglubiyet was given a page in September of 2008. Mostly my just going down the list posting a page for every domain and giving it formatting. It has a domain box and the regent has a page.
    Last edited by kgauck; 03-14-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Thread Information