Thread: Uvna Farzeb

Downloads
    Uploads

Uvna Farzeb

Discussion thread for Uvna Farzeb. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the Silver Servant (aka Uvna Farzeb) male or female? The biography here doesn't seem to be able to make up its mind.

Sorontar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its not just here. Heartless Waste can't decide if its a man, woman, or perhaps a group.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL I guess it will be our choice then! I don't think it has to be another ambiguity!

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I first wrote about Uvna on Wiki, I imagined "her", because of the name. But then again, the name is unusual, and also some slavic or russian names tend to be neutral. Hence, Vanya or Sascha could both be male and female. Maybe it's a hermaphrodite or a shapeshifter? I am kidding, but it could turn out interesting.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

South slavic male names can have -a or -ya at the end even in full/official form. In russian male names with -a can be in shortened/familiar form only. Early medieval forms of russian were different (all syllabes were open). So, IMO, we can't define its gender by the name only.
    IIRC Uvna is "stocky, broad-shouldered wizard" - more masculine trait. Another point - Uvna was accepted as military leader of the state by all neighbours. If It was not only wizard but woman too, all the tsars around should be twice as angered by this "witch-queen". So I vote for male version.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Makes sense. But with all that history and rumors surrounding Uvna, I wouldn't be surprised that it was fear that kept all the tsars and other characters at bay. So it could easily be her, regardless of a stocky, broad-shouldered wizard. All the more reverence at the sight of an ugly individual.
    But then again, he/she raised an elvish girl when her mother left her, I guess it couldn't have been that ugly, otherwise the kid would run away from home.
    OK, it's a he. Any objections?
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Thread Information