Downloads
    Uploads

Ever-full flask of healing

Discussion thread for Ever-full flask of healing. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

I wanted to make a fairly practical item which would permit some magical healing even if the population of spellcasting priests was reduced in line with the rarity of mages. This is what I came up with - any comments on the concept / cost?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that in the back of the DMG (3.5e at least) there is a chart at the end of Magical Item Creation that gives you a quick and easy outline for creating custom-made magical items. Now, it doesn't take into consideration special campaign factors (rarity of magical components) but it does give you an easy way of determining Market Value and Base Cost for Creation.

I noticed you used Eberron as reference, this is the only reason I bring it up. Otherwise it looks fairly good in concept, but maybe it should have a triggered use (such as requiring that you re-fill it with water, which would reduce the cost).

Just my thoughts.
    I stand alone before the raging winds of time. Behold! Not even they have undone my efforts!

DM of the Non-Cerilia Campaign: Bersia

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks - I thought I'd already put in that it had to be refiled. I'll check the DMG again, I basically used the wands creation rules from the SRD and just called it a flask instead, converting charges into usage in a mix of Eberron and Herosystem to gauge the exact conversion. I'll double check the dmg.

Thread Information