Downloads
    Uploads

Parniel Bowspear

Discussion thread for Parniel Bowspear. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This NPC was according to the HotGB was fighter class, and he was great pirate captain. In dnd 3.5 edition profession(sailor) is crossclass skill for fighters, so this great captain would be great warrior, but lousy sailor and thus captain. I used the swashbuckler class from Complete Warrior for his basic class, and added him prestige class Privateer from Salt and Sea dogs: The Pirates of Tellene .
    Swashbuckler is a great class for sailors and pirates cause it has many acrobatic skills, and has a profession as class skill, cause it is a warrior class i gave it lead and warcraft as class skills.
    Privateer seamed appropriate for the admiral of the pirate realm, because one of his requirements was intimidate skill at rank 5, and intimidate is not a class skill for swashbuckler, he had to wait for 7 levels to acquire his prestige class.
    If anyone has better option for this character please say so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm no class guru, but he looks pretty mean. In the Hag's contract he's pretty ambitious, but gets a strong dislike of goblins after seeing them eat some of his men... I'm mildly reluctant to suggest using the novel as a sourcebook though as it had a few oddities in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well i haven't read the novel, and i don't think i will read it any time soon, but if some of his abilities are described there feel free to share it with us.
    His hatred toward goblins does not need to define his class, but he can be redone in ranger class easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've read the book, and intend to mostly ignore it.

I've been setting up Parniel in a 1v1 game with my wife set in Grabentod, so I'm definitely interested in your take on him.

I would have used the Scarlet Corsair PrC in Stormwrack, which requires some rogue levels.

You should pay attention to his age, the Muden fleet imprisoned the King 10 years before 1524, IIRC.

I tidied up the sentences a bit, I may get some time to add some stuff later.
    Last edited by Lee; 01-26-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I've read the book, and intend to mostly ignore it.

I've been setting up Parniel in a 1v1 game with my wife set in Grabentod, so I'm definitely interested in your take on him.

I would have used the Scarlet Corsair PrC in Stormwrack, which requires some rogue levels.

You should pay attention to his age, the Muden fleet imprisoned the King 10 years before 1524, IIRC.

I tidied up the sentences a bit, I may get some time to add some stuff later.
    Most of the pirate prestige classes need a few levels of rogue, but because parniel was described as fighter in HotGB, i intended too make him more warrior like. His age was nowhere mentioned so i wasnt sure about it and i never give it a thought. Another problem is his bloodline, he goth it by slaying some minor awny near drachenward. The name or power of the awny isn't mentioned, neither how or when he slew it.
    His privateer class gives him favored enemy nation ability, he might use it against Muden or any other nation, as DM sees it fit.
    Most of the Biographys written by me need tiding as i am not native English speaker, and i am mostly self learned, so thank you all who do it

Downloads
    Uploads
    In a message dated 1/26/2009 6:52:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
    brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

Another problem is his bloodline, he goth it by slaying some minor awny near
    drachenward. The name or power of the awny isn`t mentioned, neither how or
    when he slew it.

IMC, I turned him into a seawolf, like in Stormwrack, and then made it a
    lycanthropic curse that could only be transmitted to another scion. (Like my
    wife`s PC. No better motivation to track down & attack the BBEG than a curse.)

Most of the Biographys written by me need tiding as i am not native English
    speaker, and i am mostly self learned, so thank you all who do it

That`s OK, it`s a whale of a lot better than my Russian! Even my Latin is
    better than my Russian!

Lee.
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 02-19-2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Credit reports - die, die, die!

Thread Information