Bloodline Abilities

I'm thinking these should be tied to the tiers so Minor, Major and Great, require Heroic, Paragon or Epic level to be accessed, as well as a strong enough bloodline.

Also thinking perhaps they should be done like items in that you get to use one Daily Bloodline ability per milestone.

Alternatively like feats, but I don't think they should take away from the feats a character already has to spend Bloodline should be a bonus.

Any one else had any thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It could be simplified so there aren't specifically special powers for bloodlines, but maybe the bloodline powers could pull from the other classes power lists, and each blood derivation would have 2-3 classes it could pull from. Then allow some number of powers granted at various levels above and beyond normal classes

I sure don't want someone to have to re-create 40 new powers in the D&D 4.0 format.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking the same thing myself. If existing powers were simply put together in a list of derivations it would be easy to balance, and wouldn't require inventing new powers which would either duplicate existing powers or might also be out of step with 4e style powers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, listing each power would be very cumbersome, but not as bad as re-creating new powers.

I still like pointing a derivation at a class or two

Downloads
    Uploads
    Azrai Warlock/Rogue

Anduiras Paladin/Warlord

Basaia Cleric/Paladin

Brenna Rogue/Warlock

Masela Ranger/Fighter

Reynir Cleric/Wizard

Vorynn Wizard/Warlock

The downside is the prevelance of warlock powers, but they do seem somewhat appropriate to the descriptions of the deities the bloodlines came from.

Minor: Feat, or one additional power from your current class list at your current Tier
    Major Power from the current Tier Main or Secondary class
    Great Power from one tier higher then current tier Main or Secondary Class

You may trade down to convert a daily to an encounter, or an encounter to an at-will
    For instance, a level 11 Major bloodline would receive a new minor ability, instead of choosing a tier 2(level11) encounter power, he could choose a tier 1 (level 1-10) daily power and have it as an encounter power

Gaining Abilities
    Tainted 6:minor 16: minor 26:minor
    Minor 1:minor 6:minor 11:minor 16:minor 21:minor 26:minor
    Major 1:minor 6:Major 11:minor 16:Major 21:minor 26:Major
    Great 1:Major 6:Great 11:Major 16:Great 21:Major 26:Great
    True 1:Great 6:Great 11:Great 16:Great 21:Great 26:Great
    Last edited by Arentak; 01-20-2009 at 06:23 PM.

There is already 40-new bloodline powers that can be used as "generic" abilities for Bloodlines from the Noble multiclass by Alea Publishing Group. The pdf is like 2 dollars on RPGNow or Drivethrurpg and it is called "Noble". The best way to then go about inputting BIRTHRIGHT specific bloodline abilities is though Feats much like the Cleric's Channel Divinity feats. These give players useful abilities that are tied to their specific bloodlines but it is a choice between useful feats for their character.

Beyond that I am not as familiar with what I want to do with the different bloodline strengths. At one time I considered making "True" Bloodline an EPIC class and "Great" Bloodline a paragon class, they would be useful as classes in the same vein of the other paragon/epic classes but they would again be choices a character had to make between another avenue and their bloodline.

An alternate method of bloodline is to remove it from the character level of play and apply it strictly to the domain level of play. I understand that this changes a part of the Birthright structure, but is the easiest and simplest method to retain Bloodlines. This is the option I am currently using for a 4e Birthright pbp game.

Quote Originally Posted by dundjinnmasta View Post
    An alternate method of bloodline is to remove it from the character level of play and apply it strictly to the domain level of play. I understand that this changes a part of the Birthright structure, but is the easiest and simplest method to retain Bloodlines. This is the option I am currently using for a 4e Birthright pbp game.
    I wholeheartedly support this approach. It is a good change for the setting in my opinion (I already mentioned my views in another thread).

Is there a place for another player in your pbp game? I would love to see it in action.

I run the game over at a play by post site called Rondak's Portal but currently I got a full Osoerde cast of regents, sorry.

Thread Information