How much would Cerilia change in 21 years?

I am running a new birthright game in Anuire but I wanted all the regents to be part of a single realm. The "landed" regents will each take a province within the domain and they will make up a "Council" for the land. The non-landed regents will spread through the land doing their varies things. In past games there sometimes seemed to be little or no interaction between PC regents which is why I decided to go this route.

So, I looked through Anuire and decided on Osoerde as the prime selection. This is the little blurp I wrote for the game...

The Civil War in Osoerde had been long and brutal for its people. However after ten years the usurper Duke, Jaison Raenech, has been defeated but the rightful heir of Osoerde, Duke william Moergen, died in the seige of Moriel. With no heir to govern the domain and having to fend off the expansion of neighbors trying to annex the war-torn country the people turned to other respected members of the rebellion for leadership.

With the flames of civil war still burning and now the domain on the edge of fractionating more; it was thanks to a dwarven diplomat that brought the faction leaders together and helped them avoid further civil war by forming a ruling senate, much like the Thanes of the Dwarves.

It has been twenty-one years since the fall of Jaison Raenech and his brutal rule of Osoerde and the Senate has lead Osoerde back to former state before the rebellion. However the reigns of leadership change hands and even the land itself has a hand in the machination of rulership as the bloodlines are forever tied to Cerilia."
    Well, twenty-one years has passed in Cerilia then... and my question is what would have changed considerably? I think most things that would have changed hands probably would have done so back and forth over the years but I am also concerned about which domains would have changed hands from regent to heir during that time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I toyed with the idea 2 years ago - I attach some of the files I did. The basic concept was to remove the Gorgon from play, and provide several little awnies to be faced so I had a major generational harvest tip el-stony into godhood resulting in a change to the way awnies could grow stronger...

I changed most regents to their heirs, broke some realms up and generally caused chaos - it was all very draft though as you will see if you skim it.

I changed the Rjurik Highlands and the Great Bay too, but those are excel files for some reason so I can't upload them on to br.net.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great work Andrew. It was a good source of inspiration to see how you envisaged Anuire to change. Also a good setup for making the play interesting for the character. After starting at the published date the world can become a bit too repetitive, especially in PBeMs, or more domain focused games in general.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post

I changed the Rjurik Highlands and the Great Bay too, but those are excel files for some reason so I can't upload them on to br.net.
    Zip them up and then post them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Done. Forgot about zip files, I never use them...

Incidentally I haven't actually read these things in 2 years, but if you want to chat about them I'll dredge my memory or just try and figure out what I was thinking. They were done over an xmas to escape relatives from memory...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've come to this thread very late, but I think that this is a great idea! Thanks

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

I had a vision of a massive change is Anuire not unlike Andrew Tall's. I didn't change the basic function of the land.

I had the Gorgan succeeding in crushing Anuire and taking the Iron Throne for himself. This was accomplished because the current regents were weakened from fight against the Shadow World.

Avanil in their quest to gain the throne started a major war campaign that lead to death of thousands upon thousands of soldiers. This created a major weakness in the boundary of the shadow world, which weakened to the point that the Cold Rider could show its face in the regular world for a time. The Cold Rider led the armies of the Shadow World as a plague across Anuire.

Through the heroics of some great adventures and rulers ... People found a way to solidify the boundary again but far too late for many of the people around Avanil, Tournen, Diemed, Endeir. The Gorgan in the end, was the one to defeat this Cold Rider and at that point he ascended into godhood.

So what would it look like in the end?

- The Gorgan's Crown would be controlled by Priests that follow the Gorgan. They would be spreading his word to everyone through forced worship and death.
    - The boundary to the shadow world has been weakened. The land no longer eventually rebuilds the barrier between the two ... it stays weak and gets weaker until there is a breach. Most rulers fear war because of what it might bring. Priests or Rournil have a realm spell that helps repair the damage.
    - Undead still roam the land and new rulers try to rebuild what was lost.

This is only a rough thought for what I had. Some day I will run this campaign ... but too busy with Khanasi at this point.

Thread Information