Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Hmm, I don't know Ryan, I can just see a human found too close to the border being asked to prove that they aren't merely a clean goblin, see the player squirm as they have to come up with a sonnet...
    I can see it in certain realms at certain times, but NOT modern Lluabraight (the only Sidhelien realm which borders a Rjurik realm). They just kill strangers immediately, whether human or goblin or other. As I've said before, I don't see how that silly book about the human raised in the Sielwode ever got past page one:

"Look! A bunch of goblins is attacking a bunch of humans!"

"Good. Wait for one side to win, then kill the survivors, whoever they are. We want everyone on both sides dead, and we'll use fewer arrows if we wait for some of them to kill each other."

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Any bard who can impress the elves probably has some elf in their ancestry anyway, where else would the humans have learned music, dance, and grace from? ;-)
    Of course they learned it from us! But we've learned, too -- now, the better class of elven host shoots all humans on sight, as a favor to his guests. The thrice-cursed humans are actually far more dangerous than goblins, because they're more numerous and better organized.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the master of the Aelvinnwode doesn't kill everyone on sight per his write up, and the Queen of the Sielwode takes human lovers from time to time per the Sielwode description.

Personally I see elves as very prone to whim - if it amuses them they will welcome a human, if not they won't - and the gods look out for someone who outstays their welcome.

I expect that goblins are simply seen as unredeemable savages, humans are either better (they can achieve near elven grace briefly) or worse (they could be better and generally aren't).

Since the elves co-existed with the empire then there must have been some diplomacy between them and humans at least in the past - oddly more so for the Sielwode than Tuarheviel despite the realm write ups given their locations and Anuirean preference for land travel.

Similarly I would expect there to have been some reapproachment after the battle of Mount Deismaar simply to cool things down - you don't go from all out war to uneasy peace/whatever without concerted effort from both sides.

It depends a lot on how you want the elves to interact. If you don't want them to interact then they are purely xenophobic, if you want them to interact then some of them must be approachable at least some of the time.

Thread Information