Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    It is quite egoistical to have the realm named after you - quite reasonable for most awnies, particularly the more brutal ones, but not in my view right for those whose approach is based on the appearance of normality or cunning..
    Understood; yes, and totally agreed. I had forgotten the Lamia's example so yes; the "legal"/former names are probably relatively commonly known. Especially as you pointed out -- the realms that are mere decades old.

Let me know what you come up with for the Siren's Realm; Kenneth might already have written that up in the Siren's Story...

One more item to add to this discussion, in regards to the question of whether the White Witch refers to herself as the White Witch.

Given the titles of the Priestesses of Kriesha in general, I believe that the title of White Witch is more than likely a temple designation, akin to Patriarch or Prelate. That she is known as the White Witch instead of Jarla, Jarla-Queen or Queen seems more to me to do with her own fanatical/egotistical preference and the generally alien nature of the faith in Rjuven lands.

How much power does the White Witch really have?

How far has her web been weaved?

When reading through Stjordvik's Player Secrets one learns that the White Witch has a presence there, same for the Giant Downs, etc., I'd imagine no realm that could be considered even partially Rjurik is free from her influence.

Anywhere there is a ruling person(s), be it a jarl or a councilman, that is willing to put gold before morals or the best interests of others, the White Witch could potentially have influence.

It is also likely that some of the trade companies, while seemingly independent, are controlled by her through one of her Lts.

I really see her as the most powerful/sinister force in the Rjurik lands... and should be an influence in much the way the Gorgon is portrayed to be in the likes of the novel The Falcon and the Wolf.
    The better part of valor is discretion

Thread Information