Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't sweat it Eisel Miloh. I myself have broken the copyright by using their graphics, etc. on my webpage.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lawgiver were you aware that if TSR was not bought it would have gone belly up? They were facing bankruptcy and WOTC bought them. I am not pro WOTC by any means but now Hasbro owns them all.
    On another note, the character creation is easier if you follow the steps or use the free character generator that comes with the new handbook. I like the ability that you use one dice for your rolls and you don't have to remember things like rolling over or under.

Did you also know that WOTC was going to drop L5R and AEG bought it back from them. It originally started with AEG and that game is continuing on.

There are still rumors flying about that they will release the BR things that were put on the shelf. They released the Book of Regency and the Novel online.

I just wanted to share some positive things with you.
    Abbess Allessandra
    from the United Provinces of Haelyn
    "On your knees...to pray!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Abbess Allessandra

Lawgiver were you aware that if TSR was not bought it would have gone belly up? They were facing bankruptcy and WOTC bought them. I am not pro WOTC by any means but now Hasbro owns them all.
    I understand the pressures of economics and realize that some descision may be unavoidable. My discontent was misplaced against all of WOTC due to my frustration with the withdrawal of Birthright. It was irrationale and I am mending my ways (withdrawlas from roleplaying have strange effects on a man...My group has been spilt up for nearly two years and I have only survived by playing on holidays and meager PBems). Now that I am thinking a bit more rationally we shall see.
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is in my opinion that the reason that BR didn't do as well as possible was for one reason,players.In particular two types ruined it.First off hack-n-slashers hated the game because in order to get the most out of the game you had to do political intrigue and stuff that most hack-n-slashers hate because their characters are at some ball when all the player wants to do is kill something.The other group was power-gamers drove people who actually played the game and role=played.Every power gamer would find whatever loop-hole he could find to make a super-mack uber-character,which they would do in any game,but BR seemed to make it worse.

Basically what I am trying to say is that BR was too specialized of a game setting for a sizeable chunk of the Role-playing community to get into.

That is my humble opinion.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reigan: I concur. Its a shame but I have met many a player (and DM) who lacked restraint and wit to play such a challenging setting as Birthright. But it is the very challenge that makes Birthright the awesome setting that it is.
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree fully.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was not nearly as extensive an advertising campaign for Birthright as there was for the other worlds - and it was dropped far too early. Did Forgotten Realms become what it is in only a couple of years? But back in the good old days, worlds were developed for the love of the game, and I fear nowadays there is a large monetary consideration. If it doesn't make a million in the first year, pull it off the shelves. Build up the interest by lack of materials for awhile, then start releasing again at higher prices.

Which brings me to my beef against 3rd ed. I have no problems with the edition itself, I'm in one playtest game that is 3rd ed, and I just treat it as a whole new game, rather than a replacement for 2nd ed. BUT. I dislike the fact that they brought out the first books at low prices, hooked tons of people, and now the prices are going to soar - not only for the original three, but for all the new supplements. And the reasons they are giving are totally invalid, and the motivation is transparent. I'm an old lady, (a bit younger than Elminster!) who played in college with a players handbook, a dm's guide and a monstrous manual. Now I have an entire wall filled with supplementals, references, maps on the wall . . .thousands of dollars, and I don't have any more fun than I did then.
    "Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."
    -Jules de Gaultier

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Taurus Gaunt

Lawgiver --Ditto on Morg. Like to Lurk.
    Lawgiver...If you are curious I just got an affordable Web host with ITX Design...100 MB with SQL and PHP for $7.95 a month. Their web based control panel lets you password protect directories and all that stuff. I am going to use it for my own online Birthright game (Once I finish the darn thing...:) ). Just passing a good deal along.
    http://www.crystaniana.com
    The Empire Will Never Fall!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by CrystanLawgiver...If you are curious I just got an affordable Web host with ITX Design...100 MB with SQL and PHP for $7.95 a month.
    Thanks, but I'll pass. I don't need any more bills right now. I'll make my players suffer through the pop up banners on the free site for now!
    Lawgiver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been reading this here thread and noticed that Morgramen was looking to expand his PBeM with the help of Bloodaxe. I am really interested in getting in on this if you have room. I am fairly new to the BR setting, but have ample experience roll playing. Let me know if you have the space.
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Thread Information