Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps...

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still debating this, but perhaps if any one is interested we could start a new PBEM... I have all the rules and all but one of the expansion packs, which I should have soon...

If I can get help, perhaps we could run a large campaign...

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Give me a buzz if you decide to do it Bloodaxe. I am starting a 3E Anuire Game (currently full), but if the rules set works well, then I would like to expand the playable area and will need some help then for sure.
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you choose too expand, I'll give you a hand... I would like to perhaos run a kingdom as well. At least thats how we do it my currerent table top, everyone plays and two of DM. It actualy works very well. But we'll see...

I'd suggest expanding into the Bretch lands. Will need rules for ships though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me know and I'm in. I'm running my own right now, but I'm pretty maxed on players. I spend a lot of time GMing. I'd love a shot at playing a descent campaign.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Morg's campaign is taking players but you gotta hurry. go to Bloodsilver.com

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    'Tis true! It's a play test in action though, so be warned.

Lawgiver, what's the URL for your game? I'm a lurker by nature, and am just really snoopy to boot.

:P
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lawgiver --Ditto on Morg. Like to Lurk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfotunately, I don't have it up on a website... I have to many snoopy players and don't know enough about HTML, etc. to restrict sections with passwords (VB 6.0 code no prob...). I run the campaign based on a series of emails. (Thus the origin of "PBeM"... hehe...couldn't resist the smart butt comment.)

I store my domains realm data, Domain Actions, etc. in Word 2000 template documents. I had been sending the realm news and updates of events in Anuire and Cerilia through a generic mass email, but I've been planning to switch that to be a section on my webpage.

Sorry guys. You'll have to find something else to lurk around and snoop through. Feel free to check out my website though: http://fan_of_enoch.tripod.com Its still under development [the latest one has only existed for about a month or so], but I'm fairly happy with the initial layout and my players seem to like it. I don't have the web programming knowledge or the time to make a kick butt site like our good freind arjan.

The only thing I found on Bloosilver's site was a PBeM with 3e rules. I've made personal vow for now to boycott 3e. Is the a descent 2e PBeM that's open?
    Lawgiver

Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why exactly are you boycotting 3rd edition? Did you look at the rules and didn't like them or is that more of a political statement?
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its mostly principle...some of my the reasoning:
    1. They discontinued Birthright. Which in my opinion was one of the best things TSR ever produced--period!
    2. They immediately issued a revised 2e version prompting players to spend their hard earned money on the new material. Then within 2 years they launch 3e and basically throw everything you just bought out the window.
    3. They raised prices. If they are trying to increase revenue without having to expand their market. If they were seeking to receive higher quantitative sales the rules of economics would mean that price should go down not up. I don't think there was that much of an improvement in qualtiy to justify the increased cost. And you can throw inflation out the window. Things have gotten cheaper to produce not more expensive. Its the consumer's own fault the prices went up... they are the ones willing to spend the money. Thus I'm taking a stand as a lonely idiot ranting and raving against the economic machine I cannot stop...
    4. they bought out West End Games and did the same thing with STAR WARS. They released a new version spawning sales and then immediately switched to a new version that was not compatable... i.e Forcing you to switch and buy new stuff if you wanted get any new expansions.
    5. They have no originality between gaming systems they consolidated D&D and Star Wars into similar gaming systems. I prefer the flavor of the unique apporach of each.
    6. Their marketing and PR sucks. I never heard a word of their buy out of TSR until I heard they dropped BR and suspended production on several other products. I never even heard the normal propoganda of we are trying to make our products better and provide the consumer with more...
    7. Tradition. The game used to be fairly simple and fun to play. Most players had learned the necessary rules and were quite knowledgable of how thing worked. Now the rules are completely different and it takes even longer to learn everything. Character generation requires extreme amounts of research and mathematics. Don't get me wrong I'm an agent of change... I never leave standard rules as is and like to expand them.
    8. Cause I like to whine and I don't have the money to buy the new stuff.
    9. I like though the 2 was sufficient for the way the game worked. They could have added the concept of feats to 2e without scraping the entire system.
    10. The proverbial... Just because.

As far as disliking 3e I have only played once (thus only making one PC). I haven't exhaustively read the PHB or DMG (or any of the 3e stuff for that matter..) so I don't know enough about the rules. I did however like the expanded range of attribute values. I've had my own roleplaying system in the works indefinately and use 1d100. I was also quite impressed with the concept of feats. Though I think there is room for expansion and development of several more feats.

p.s. Remember you asked not me! :P
    Lawgiver

Thread Information