Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman View Post
What I read in the very first post was this:

Which talks about spending less XP on magic item creation and further talks about having other people supply XP costs for magic item creation (which is not in the core rules and the only variant I know is basically an evil spell from Book of Vile Darkness).

I saw the ensuing discussions revolving around a basis that makes magic item creation easier.
Hm, I saw those notes as a throwaway comment and merely noted in passing that such a system would be 'fairier' - particularly outside of a 'party' situation, and that if you want to go that way, RP is easier to work with than xp.

The comments I was responding to seemed to miss the cost differential in bloodline score when they suggested using bloodline score to empower the items, which is why I tried to explain how BLS added a variable cost element to creation not present in the original (barring class anomalies such as the ones you later noted) - thus my attempt to explain the underlying RAW cost logic and compare that to RP / BLS spend.

You are correct btw, I was comparing the permanent item cost only - I doubt that limited use items (by far the most common items) would really be suitable for conversion as the 'bulk buy' method is inelegant, and am unsure quite how they should be 'paid for' - it depends really how common you want them to be.