Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Grabentod provinces

i uploaded the map of Grabentod (cut from the map of Cerilia) so you can see that capital city Alber. It is drown as separate province, but neither the map nor the text( HoGB ) presents the province level, levels of holdings who owns holdings etc.
    The city was founded by the Ulrich Graben, the first pirate king, and the text suggests that the land is sheltered northern harbor, heated by the volcanic activity of the Drachenaur Mountains, thanks to this the Alber inlet is free of ice all year. Now according to the map and the text Alber city and the plains around it is either part of Tootmark province( just across a inlet) or separate province, for which we need to invent statistics.
    What do you think about it ???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    The city is part of the province it is situated in - Toothmark (nice name by the way, a mix of English and German)
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw: Let me use this opportunity to once again point out the ridiculous differences between province levels in Havens of the Great Bay and the rest of the BR products. This silly little pirate realm has (among other things) a province lvl 7!!! That's the same as Ilien and that one 7 lvl province in Avanil...I rest my case :confused:
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...and don't get me started on the Zweilunds...
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    The city is part of the province it is situated in - Toothmark (nice name by the way, a mix of English and German)
    it is possible, but it seems to "unnatural" to me, cause province is sundered in half by the inlet. One half is hills/mountain peninsula and other is rich plains sheltered by the high mountains. Every part is big enough to be independent province, and they have very different geographical structure.
    My idea is to reduce the level of the Toothmark province and create Alber province.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw: Let me use this opportunity to once again point out the ridiculous differences between province levels in Havens of the Great Bay and the rest of the BR products. This silly little pirate realm has (among other things) a province lvl 7!!! That's the same as Ilien and that one 7 lvl province in Avanil...I rest my case :confused:
    Well i see it in a different way, Anuire is not the measure of the all thing on Cerilia. First of all, Grabentod is not little realm with 9 (or 10) provinces, it is one of the older Brecht states, and it was serious threat to the rest of the Great Bay states, recently, when they had guts to declare war on any other realms in the region.
    Now i see Brechts as the most developed people on Cerilia, unlike Anuire they weren't locked in the civil war for last few centuries, their main religion preaches advancement, trade and production, not the balance with the nature or constant fighting among them self. Their whole culture is trade oriented, trade needs production, production needs more people. They probably developed better irrigation systems then other races of Cerilia, and have a strong gentry class that buffs the countries progress. They don't have strong warrior traditions like Vos, Anuireans or even Rjurick, so they depend on more population and better equipment. And the last but not the least, Brecht are cosmopolitan race (specifically the Eastern Basin States), they don't care where u came from or to whom u pray, as long u pay taxes and are loyal to the country u live in ( just like USA, wonder where their 300 million population came from). There is many more reasons, like never facing Ghaele Sidhe, assimilating Anurieans etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...and don't get me started on the Zweilunds...
    i agree with u on Zweilunds, this few islands are waay over populated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cccpxepoj View Post
    it is possible, but it seems to "unnatural" to me, cause province is sundered in half by the inlet. One half is hills/mountain peninsula and other is rich plains sheltered by the high mountains. Every part is big enough to be independent province, and they have very different geographical structure.
    My idea is to reduce the level of the Toothmark province and create Alber province.
    I completely disagree (not with your assessment of province geography, because the province DOES look odd) as this would start a rush of similar 'urban provinces' springing up. You could do this with every province if you'd like...and Toothmark isn't even of very high level.

Anyway, I suggest you do it in your campaign, and then add a piece about it in the wiki, clearly marked as fanfiction. Best o both worlds, right?
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyway, I suggest you do it in your campaign, and then add a piece about it in the wiki, clearly marked as fanfiction. Best o both worlds, right?
    I never intended to do it on wiki (without approval of the other people at least) and i already did it in my campaign, i just wanted to present it to the "community" and discus it. And most things we do here is fanfiction anyway so it will be done in that way.

Yeah the Zweilunds are very high population. I would just play into that if I had a player that wanted to play them.

They should have food shortages often. They really can only fish for food and rest needs to be shipped in, which is highly unlikely from the other developed countries. No one wants to trade with a pirate nation.

I would describe the islands as very jam packed. I mentioned population swell before. Perhaps those numbers are the population of the islands during the winter months when they are ice locked but during the open water seasons it is FAR lower. Drop them down to 1 or 2 levels each. This would effect taxes greatly.

-BB

Thread Information