Thread: Title

Downloads
    Uploads

Title

Discussion thread for Title. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This missive is in reponse to the direction I think the title pages are heading...

Okay... given the contradictions we know that the ranks of the regents have with the real-world and their changes over time, do we really want to define a hierarchy of titles in the BrWiki? Wouldn't it just be easier to say that title X is high nobility and normally rules a province whereas title Y is low nobility and normally rules just an area known as a Ydom within a province. Then we can leave the Order of Precedence to be defined within each realm. We are past the Empire. We know that all ranks aren't equal in Cerilia so why try and make them? This is modern Cerilia not the antiquated fuddyduddy old system!

Sorontar,
    who has had to put up with the number of ways that the SCA redesigns the ranks to make everything "uniform" throughout cultures and time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bad idea. It's good to have a overall framework that says how the title/rank system is supposed to be, irrespective of time and place.

Then whomever designs a particular realm can list any exceptions in the domain description.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think its clearer to establish a base line, and then discuss in each realm the history and circumstances which create local anomalies.

However, I think by and large the system makes a lot of sense as presented in the source books. We have a few counts as regents, but I'm not sure how troubling that is.

It has always seemed that what vexed people the most was the rank of baron. I think the explanation offered seems pretty strait forward.

Thread Information