Thread: Spiritsend

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Spiritsend

Discussion thread for Spiritsend.

Not to sound too picky, but do we really need a character called Brosen? After all, we don't have characters called Taegha, Elin or Boru, so why should there still be the given name Brosen?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, but you have lost me there. Are you objecting because it is normally a surname, or because it is a place in Germany or what?

Sorontar
    ps . "Erroll Brosen was the man that led the forces of the Taegha at Deismaar. " ([[Taeghas]])
    Last edited by Sorontar; 11-13-2008 at 02:19 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of the names are a bit odd, but I normally don't change names without a character reason, because left to my own devices I'd use a disproportionate amount of real names.

I would avoid heavy use of non-Anglicized Welsh and Celtic names for non elves, because elves draw their names from that source, and its possible to end up with no distinction between elves and humans. Anglicized Celtic names work great because they suggestion cultural transfer.

So Coinneach would be an elven name, and Kenneth would be a human name.

Lots of names are derived from famous places and place names, so a character named Brosen isn't implausible.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My comment was that Brosen was the surname of a great ducal family and it seems very odd to have it as a given name. In my mind, it sounds very American and sticks out as one of the only examples of this tradition.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Thread Information