Downloads
    Uploads

Cast domain spell

Discussion thread for Cast domain spell. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I gather that this actually is a fan-based expansion of "Cast Realm Spell"? I don't mind the alternative title because that means that [[Cast Realm Spell]] can still be redirected to the BRCS description, which needs a AlsoSee to this page.

When I get to working on BRCS tagging that chapter that is (about halfway through so far!).

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    The page is a drop off from the action summary I put together on the wiki - the idea is that eventually every action will have an expanded description suggesting alternate uses, adventure hooks, etc.

I as usual started it off and hoped others would chip in, nada. I did domain spell just to do a quick page - I had vaguely planned to do a DM tip but find them hard as my one attempt to DM a BR game failed miserably.

I thought that the name had been changed from realm spell (2e) to domain spell (3e) - the idea being that a source 'realm' was called a domain, with only domains containing provinces being 'realms'.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, you start pages, I make links, both of us hope that others will pick it up.

Anyway, the version of the 3e BRCS that I have been using says Cast Realm Spell (page 106). I agree that Domain would be better than Realm but we have only got two chapters that have really undergone editting, so we will have to live with Realm.

I am thinking of calling these bigger pages for the realm spells and the Gorgon as "expansion pages" since they tend to have new ideas, reworking the old text, merging stuff from other pages, etc. The name pattern will be "The Gorgon (expansion)" (so I can make [[The Gorgon]] be a redirect to the BRCS version..

Or is that a bad word because the PS etc are all "expansion sets" of the original rulebook boxset? Should I bother calling it OpenBR:The Gorgon, or whatever we semiagreed on but hasn't really been needed yet (because the names tended to be different already or were rarely linked to)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Trouble with [expansion] or some such is that is rapidly becomes all encompassing. the old problem with fanfic...

I'd prefer to try a label system like [The Gorgon:BRCS] to show that he is quasi-canon with any other versions unmarked (and yes, I did mean to do one and gromped out, sorry). The BRCS is already bannered so it should be easier to banner the straight pages - and probably lock them from editing.

Is there any way to lock a page and still allow AlsoSee's to be added?

Thread Information