Downloads
    Uploads

Classes (base and prestige)

Discussion thread for Classes (base and prestige). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why are there so many red links in this page? I see no point in listing things if there are no pages out there to link them to. Am I missing something?
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    From looking at the history, this page was created by AndrewTall and he put links in as examples so as to set the naming convention. After a few edits, this convention was finalised. I suspect that they were all made up but there is a slight chance that they refer to classes that have been included in posts to the forum.

As to allowing links to non-existant pages, I disagree. I have been making text become empty links ever since the BRwiki started. It tells me (and hopefully others) what pages need to be written. Normally I don't have the skills, knowledge or time to write them but I recognise the need for them to be eventually added. Occassionally I get around to adding a stem of a page (cf [[Undead]]). I believe this is all part of what is a wiki.

FYI the list of most "Wanted Pages" can be seen at: http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...al:Wantedpages .The top articles are Daen Roesone and Urga-Zai.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah no, I'm all for red links, only this page looks somewhat odd...it's 95% red links, and those links have been red for a looong time. They are also UserName links, so I don't see anyone other than those users making the pages...which makes the links somewhat redundant in this case.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    The page is an index page that links directly from the main page - I made an index for the common sorts of things that people might want to make pages to to make it easier for them to add things to the wiki in a place that was easy to find.

the idea was that people would simply replace the 'red link' with their own pag,e using the title as a template for the name of their page. Given that most index 'red links' have users named after flintstone characters I'd hoped that the links would be seen as examples rather than 'I'll put a page up' links.

I generally tried to do one page as a template, and figured that other people would then chip in. The idea basically flopped, as very few people added pages on the sorts of things I'd thought would be of interest (classes, magic items, spells, adventures, locations, DM tips, etc).

I should consider killing the pages, but have some lingering fondness for them - that said we should probably do a think on what should be shown on the main page at some point - we can see which pages are popular and really they should link straight from the main page.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But are there any writeups of say ShadowMoons classes? Hidden in the depths of the forum, so that others can help add them? If not, they keeping those red links around indefinitely seems a bit silly. If he wants to add the classes at some point, he can link then then. But that's just my opinion.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't look like he's added them - he knows how to redo the links I guess so I'll cut those.

Done.
    Last edited by AndrewTall; 11-11-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Thread Information