Thread: Harrowmarsh

Downloads
    Uploads

Harrowmarsh

Discussion thread for Harrowmarsh. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This page has a few problems that need to be fixed. As per usual, it seems to be based on Lore (namely Blood Enemies) but bits have been added that need to be fixed.

Firstly, someone put a "* fortified holding" to the holding table, yet nothing is marked as fortified. Should there be? I couldn't see anything in BE.

Secondly, it now seems that there are two Hydras: the awnshegh and Guildmaster Baraek the Hydra. However, there doesn't seem to be any distinction made in holding tables for Harrowmarsh, nor Sendoure. Was the Guildmaster just fan-fiction to explain why a monster like the Hydra would have a guild? Or is Baraek from another source? Either way, the tables need to have something changed so the distinction can be made, if it needs to be.

Sorontar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The fortified holding tag is a holdover from some other table - it isn't domain specific.

I think I may have uploaded this from somewhere, I'd suggest softening it a bit so that the hydra could be either the awnie or just a bandit using the name - with the DM then having the option of which they prefer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, I've played a little, let me know if it reads any better

Downloads
    Uploads
    What you added is fine, but we still need to work out whether we want the Hydra's Guild to have its own entries on the table in Harrowmarsh and Sendoure (and consequently Binsada?), rather than just marking it as Hyd for the Hydra. The invention of Baraek seems to make this a neccessity, even if the original Lore/publications didn't care about it.

Sorontar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair cop guv'nor. In any event, the guild must be more than its leader, so a separate page that leaves the leadership issue fuzzy sounds good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Hydra is quite monstrous. Could the creature manage a domain without a vassal?

If it cannot, then it should only gain regency from the land, and the vassal control the holdings. Then the vassal may or may not turn over its RP and GB to the monster, depending on its will.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Hydra itself is a monster, its head however may be a different story - could one of the heads control the beast from time to time - or simply convince the beast that certain servants should be allowed to bring it food while the head talks to them?

Just because it looks like a monster, doesn't mean that it thinks like one - the hydra will be unlikely to value gold, but could value the worship of followers and the regency that it gains from them.

If it is simply one head that controls the guild, it may hope to use the wealth it gains to pay a mage to investigate a way that the head may someday be free from the rest of the hydra, or to aid its descendants in some way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm purely curious as to how many provinces actually are within the Harrowmarsh?

I can't find a single canon reference to them.

Thread Information