Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

DM Secrets: William Thurese

Discussion thread for DM Secrets: William Thurese. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

This page is up and ready to go. Tell me if you like the concept of a DM's Secrets page.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the concept - but in practice won't it be open to all comers not just DM's?

I can't see any DM saying ' whatever you find is fine - except DM secret pages' - they'd all want a degree of control anyway...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It does act as a "spoiler alert" for those who don't want to know secrets (or don't want to confuse themselves because their DM swaps out the secrets turning this page into a wild goose chase).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post
    It does act as a "spoiler alert" for those who don't want to know secrets (or don't want to confuse themselves because their DM swaps out the secrets turning this page into a wild goose chase).
    Which is good strategy on the part of a DM.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Um, I am a player who knows more than he should. My DM (Doyle) lets me continue to contribute here because we have an understanding that
    1. Its my fault not his, so if it is stopping me having fun then I can't blame him
    2. The player knows stuff, but my PC doesn't. (The saying is "Player knowledge will get you killed!")
    3. I try not to blab anything to other players.
    4. The DM is devious and whatever I think I know probably has been changed for our campaign.

While the wiki can do things like these DM-only pages, I must ask.... why do players need to see anything but the BRCS (or the DM's houserules)? If my PC wants to learn stuff about Aerenwe, then I would ask the DM to supply info to the PC. The DM would give me what names, places, rumours and current events that would be relevant. Looking at the wiki page for Aerenwe should be an option.

Sorontar.
    ps. The other prime candidate for these types of pages (if you wanted to continue) is Rowena Manspear

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dummied up the pages that refer to Rowena, but haven't actually gotten around to her. Her page will have her cover story. The final truth will be on such a page. Assuming the White Witch doesn't poison me between now and then.

Thread Information