Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

The New Emperor of Anuire

What would it entail?

I leave this question open in hopes of aiding a current campaign that I am in to come to a conclusion of this issue. Certainly the way specific characters are played should be considered. With many of you without the knowledge of what's going on in the campaign I feel it is impertinent for you to have knowledge of the political climate, because for the most part the candidates are similar to Ruins of Empire and your opinions on true roleplay are very important. I feel as a player in this game that the essence, spirit, and heart of the characters in question are more important to this goal. So feel free to voice what first is compelled by the question above. Whether it even be a matter of character or political climate and the necessities that should arise prior to such an achievement in a campaign or anything else that you can find that may be pertinent to such an issue. I would most humbly and eagerly receive your comments, suggestions, and ideas on this topic and how it makes you feel.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One perspective:

The next emperor? Clearly it will be the man who shrugs off womanly weaknesses such as concerns for lessors and artistry and focuses the passions of Anuire on the path to glory. The next Emperor must clearly be a general beyond peer to unify the nation, one to whom all men bend knee as naturally as they would to their own father. The next emperor will have an iron hand enforcing absolute discipline to avoid wasteful acts by their minions. He will be true to loyal vassals and the embodiment of Haelyn's wrath to those faithless. He will be a warrior beyond peers in battle, defiant in defeat and stern in victory, he will be a planner of great plans and a doer of great deeds, only my liege Ghoere has such qualities without weakening vice.

Baronet Eldred Ghent

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    One perspective:

The next emperor? Clearly it will be the man who shrugs off womanly weaknesses such as concerns for lessors and artistry and focuses the passions of Anuire on the path to glory. The next Emperor must clearly be a general beyond peer to unify the nation, one to whom all men bend knee as naturally as they would to their own father. The next emperor will have an iron hand enforcing absolute discipline to avoid wasteful acts by their minions. He will be true to loyal vassals and the embodiment of Haelyn's wrath to those faithless. He will be a warrior beyond peers in battle, defiant in defeat and stern in victory, he will be a planner of great plans and a doer of great deeds, only my liege Ghoere has such qualities without weakening vice.

Baronet Eldred Ghent
    That leaves the Magian out, then.
    Regent of Medoere

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sir Eldred Ghent, Bt., can hardly be expected to have a balanced viewpoint, now can he?

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    Sir Eldred Ghent, Bt., can hardly be expected to have a balanced viewpoint, now can he?
    Oh I am sure.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another perspective:

The next emperor? Clearly it will be the man who shrugs off the mindless mantra of might makes right that has crushed any hope of a paragon emerging to unify the warring realms and rule over us these past centuries. He will be a diplomat, an artist, a scholar, a man of rare taste, culture and perception. A man of justice whose law extends fairly across the land, a king whose wisdom separates the wheat from the chaff in his counsel and leads him to victory in all things. In victory he will be magnanimous, in defeat he will be gracious, turning his enemies into allies and thus winning through wit what lesser men would futilely struggle against with mere force. Only my lord, the one true prince of all Anuire, holds all these virtues in goodly measure, and thus to him alone do righteous men look to for sight of the emperor to come.

Count Coradan Daerian

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Another perspective:

The next emperor? Clearly it will be the man who shrugs off the mindless mantra of might makes right that has crushed any hope of a paragon emerging to unify the warring realms and rule over us these past centuries. He will be a diplomat, an artist, a scholar, a man of rare taste, culture and perception. A man of justice whose law extends fairly across the land, a king whose wisdom separates the wheat from the chaff in his counsel and leads him to victory in all things. In victory he will be magnanimous, in defeat he will be gracious, turning his enemies into allies and thus winning through wit what lesser men would futilely struggle against with mere force. Only my lord, the one true prince of all Anuire, holds all these virtues in goodly measure, and thus to him alone do righteous men look to for sight of the emperor to come.

Count Coradan Daerian
    The Magian should feel insulted.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow Elton you are a genius of comedy I wish I was like you.

I would really like to get some constructive comments on this thread please. I am trying to help out a campaign community. Thanks.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A path which lead to the Iron Throne since only Anuire recognizes an emperor and that revolves around the IT.
    Duane Eggert

I think the genuine religious overtones should not be overlooked in the idea of a new emperor. Haelyn promised to support the first Reole (his own brother, even) only if he tried to bring a lasting peace to Cerilia. While it is true Haelyn's faith is by no means absolute, or even dominant throughout all of Anuire, he is still the patron of his people. Being a Lawful and both Good deity, that should explain a lot about what he would seek in such a person. The Chamberlain also, should be heavily considered. Several times in old core material it speaks of his devotion to Haelyn, and I think that would enforce and even sterner and more immediate judgement on someone who would claim the throne(as he can use the political arena - playing the ArchDuke and the Prince against one another and seeing them both as unfit comes to mind).

As one final thought, the major awnsheghlien should also be heavily considered. The Gorgon, for obvious reasons as having caused the demise of the last empire as well as the last emperor, who also himself could arguably claim a place on the throne - Rhoubhe himself as he was contained by the emperor and probably would not wish to be so again - and the Spider, whom probably would not wish to again be cornered in his wood by a united human land. Thoughtfully, I would think that all would take notice, awnseghlien, nobles, other regents, and all would act to protect their own interests...

Thread Information