Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Raemes Eldien

Discussion thread for Raemes Eldien.

Raemes Eldien (of Seaport) and Bishop Raemes (Boeruine) are not the same person. The autodidactic Count of Tariene was, I assume, Kenneth's creation, whereas the Bishop of Seasedge was entirely mine. I'll admit that I was inspired by Raemes of Seaport, which is why I chose the same first name, but I also added a surname and clarified that their levels and bloodlines are not the same.
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 10-16-2008 at 07:33 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Raemes was part of the original material loaded by Elton. I'm not sure that there was more to him besides the introductory material on the main page.

Speaking of the main page, I saw that you proofed the character descriptions on the main page, but those character descriptions really should have just been removed, rather than improved. The Boeruine page is already 35k (up from a recent 34k) and there is a warning that some browsers will choke on editing more than 32k.

Since characters and provinces have their own pages, the entries for both of these should be very brief, since one can just follow the link. I have been reducing realms on the south coast by removing character descriptions from the realm page and putting them on the character page, but its a slow process. If there is a page already I check to make sure all the data on the main page is on the character page, If there is no page, I make one.

I just hate to see effort going to content in a location that needs to be removed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On this character's page he is listed as the Bishop of Seasedge, but on the Tariene page he is listed as Count and Bishop. He is listed on the Seasedge page as an adviser to the court. Is he no longer connected to Tariene?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the idea of Bishop Raemes (Boeruine) was as the bastard child of Aeric and his spiritual adviser in Seasedge. I didn't want to tread on anyone's toes with my character, so I made him separate from Raemes (Eldien) of Seaport, to whom I added a surname for clarity.

If you want them to be the same character, either he becomes Count and Bishop of Tariene as well or he loses his connection to either Tariene or Seasedge. Personally, I'd prefer him to remain in Seasedge and not a member of the nobility, hence why I made the two characters separate.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But right now, Bishop Raemes refers (#redirect) to Raemes Eldien, so they give no appearance of two characters.

I will just rename the character associated with Tariene.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Sorontar put in the redirect, thus confusing the issue, but I admit that it wasn't anywhere near as clear as it could have been.

For clarity, Bishop Raemes (the bastard) has no given surname, since he has never spoken to his birth mother's merchant family and Aeric did not give him permission to use the royal name.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it that the NIT are a Scottish-themed church if they have presbyters rather than bishops. I'm also assuming that NIT Hierarchs are similar to Catholics cardinals, so what would the rank between bishop/presbyter and cardinal/hierarch be (the equivalent of archbishop)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cardinals are people who elect the Pope, there is no equivalent to them in the NIT. Hierarch are the people who would command realm sized portions of the NIT domain.

Thread Information