Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its described fully in Unearthed Arcana, but if you want hit points, the VP are the same figure, while the WP is the character's constitution. This system replaces the -10 hp business before dying, and critical hits, instead of doing multiples of damage, goes to WP instead, bypassing VP. When you run out of VP, damage goes to WP.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know the status of the docs Nameless One is referring to?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The official version history thread: http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...?t=2628&page=2 says that DOCs are the latest version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But the last written don't make them the most authoritative.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post
    True. I especially don't like the Scion class. Actually, I still use the old Bloodline Strength stat and calculate the Bld ability when I need the bonus for Blood Abilities. However, the DOCs are more similar to the rules on wiki. For example, feats are absolutely the same. The PDF version contains the useless Erudition and City-Dweller feats. I also like the unique classes for BR Paladins. I don't like the Noble class much in its latest version. It seems to be based on Star Wars Noble, and Resources class feature doesn't have much use for rulers, heads of noble houses and organization leaders unless you impose a difference between personal budget and realm/house/organization treasury in a game. Another thing that is much better in the DOCs (and the wiki, I think) is that Human cultures don't give +2 on skills (Humans already have bonus skill points).

I don't know if they fixed the Magician spell list. The PDF BRCS stated that they shouldn't have access to Illusion spells that mimic the effects of other spells, but they freely gave them Shadow Evocation, Shadow Conjuration and Shades.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I have been the one going through the BRCS pages on the wiki and trying to make sure that they do match what is in the BRCS pdf docs. For chapters one and two, I used the pdfs for the ammended versions of these chapters. For the rest of the BRCS, I have been using a version of the playtest that I believe is up-to-date for everything but Ch 1 & 2.

The BRCS pages I have checked are all titled BRCS:Chapter N/ and are locked down to prevent editting by the general public. If you find anything that is in the chapters of the BRCS pdf but doesn't match what is on the BRCS wiki pages, please tell us (the wiki moderators) explicitly so that we can investigate it. If you have just noticed an error in the BRCS pdf (and probably the corresponding wiki pages), then either tell us, or use the BRCS:Errata page on the wiki, which is not locked down.

Please note, that there are a lot of BRCS pages on the wiki that have not been reviewed, renamed and locked, and there are bits of the BRCS (like monster descriptions) that haven't been added to the wiki at all. These things take time and resources, something few of us have a lot of.

Sorontar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still use the old Bloodline Strength stat also, and the scores I've put on the wiki are based on the rulebook not on a 3d6 type stat.

I really like the idea of a noble class, but the one in the BRCS doesn't make any sense to me. As you say, given that a PC might already have a domain, this is a useless class.

I like paladin variants. Almost as much as I like druid variants.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Nameless One was saying there are Word doc files of more recent version. He contrasts the versions and prefers the doc files to the pdf file.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post

The doc version of Chapt 1 and 2 are the authoritative BRCS versions.

They were voted on and "sanctioned" by the members of this site at the time.

They are not subject to "rewrites". They could be "edited" due to typos, but not the basic content/theme/rules.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information