Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Northern Traders Guild

Do anyone have any ideas or propositions regarding the history, production, centers of trade etc. All i know from CotS is that the guild master Sasha Kaptrev is good aligned and that most of her holdings are located in the northern part of the country except holdings in Novgorik province.

Downloads
    Uploads

Northern Traders Guild

Discussion thread for Northern Traders Guild. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the first question is what sort of trade to me. Agriculture, livestock (incl slaves), minerals, finance, ideas, etc.

What sort of organization do they have?

What centers of power have arisen over time? Look at travel times to identify where local power should exist and the potential degree of central control.

What enemies do they have internally and externally?

What geographical features are present to create bottlenecks and permit ready movement of goods (i.e. rivers, gorges).

Once I have an idea of what would be interesting for those, I build the guild to match.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the Northern Trader's Guild does much trade at all. At least as far as a mercantile trade would go. I think its more of a craft guild with some resource production.

Transport of raw materials, maybe?
    Having a guild in Zhainge valley asks for extensive use of the river. Maybe, even some trade in worked stone. Stone quarry + river nearby... And I don't think about elves of Innishiere as prodigious miners. Maybe also, this guild organize some trade with Innishiere and Cymb Bheinn. Cymb Bhein, IIRC, trade in woodwork with humans. I don't see more more benevolent humans to trade around this elven kingdom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if they produce any luxury goods then the Lamia will happily buy them, for that matter her realm may have surplus luxuries to trade (particularly if her whims change) for necessities. Her capital is just over the border

The nomads of the wastes would love to buy food, water, etc - they may have surface mines, oasis-produced silk, etc (any mcguffin you like really) to trade for these.

The Basilisk is a bust, although the giants may trade sheep/wool for other foodstuffs and cloth.

Cwmb Bheinn as noted has all sorts of forest produce for sale, and would happily take worked metal goods or mercenaries in exchange.

Molochev is further north so might want foodstuffs, it may trade for what its raiders can't steal.

Kal Kalathor may trade mined goods, etc for foodstuffs and slaves.

Adding the Zhainge river however shows the true trading possibilities - Aftane is not far south and its capital probably trades heavily with Koslovnyy for wood, stone, ores, furs, etc. Past Aftane are Ariya and Zikala with similar trade needs.

As a note, I would expect that Gradny is actually on the Zhainge, or a tributary to it - the road is a bust (the gnolls won't tend to it) whereas the river is the real life-blood of the nation from a trading perspective. Possibly the Zhainge goes through rapids or some such requiring a diversion via Gradnny, ideally though the city itself would be moved on the map.

Map of holdings suggest that GC controls trade down the river and NTG merchants controls trade north, as their name suggest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheal View Post
    Map of holdings suggest that GC controls trade down the river and NTG merchants controls trade north, as their name suggest.
    and in the south, in Novgorik province they control all guild holdings. so they can trade down Zhainge.

Cities of the Sun, table on p.33 Novgorik|Guilds|Grd (2)
    Grd - Gradny Coster.
    Did I miss something?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i missed something, sorry. I need to fix it on wiki.

Thread Information