Downloads
    Uploads

Seven against Cariele

Discussion thread for Seven against Cariele. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Anyone interested in playing a Birthright Campaign?

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's an inspired name, Elton, but I'm already oversubscribed!

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    That's an inspired name, Elton, but I'm already oversubscribed!
    It's not a PBeM game, Thelandrin. It's an Online, real time game via chat room. Specifically, OpenRPG.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Players will take the role of one of three claimants to the throne of Cariele, plus their friends, relatives, or followers.

Vertico Dhariel, Count of Dharilein in Dhoesone, son of Ivinie Cariele, husband of Lileas Mhoried, and one time squire of James Ardannt.

Alun Coeran, son of Eluvie Cariele, heir to the throne of Coeranys. Not seeking the throne himself, but eager to see those who deposed and murdered his family deposed and his kinsman restored.

Corbett Tuor, son of Arden Cariele, and a priest of Ruornil, who burns to see the abuses of the land end and his family restored. Protege of Altaweir Enlien, and nephew of Gavin Tael.

Other possible PC's include

Lileas Mhoried, daughter of Shaene Mhoried, wife of Vertico Dhariel, and sister of Savane Mhoried.

Daeric Dhoesone, brother-in-law of Vertico Dhariel, he already has some 0-level source holdings in Cariele.

Aithne Dhariel, sister of Vertico and a potential claimant herself, her husband is Daeric Dhoesone.

or friends, followers, or other relations of the claimants.

Characters will be roughly 5th level at campaign start.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The campaign is mostly based on Seven against Thebes, like the official wiki-page says. We are willing to take a minimum of three players, but I'm willing to take up to seven. Again, the whole action is played out real time over the internet using OpenRPG.

The object is to roleplay in a Birthright scenario that can lead to greatness or to ruin. Like most BR scenarios are produced in playing. This campaign is very much about bringing either vengeance or justice to Mheallie Bireon; depending on how you roleplay your character.

It's set up as a group of Scions out on adventure, or you can be regents in your own right. The campaign is designed for fun, and for evenings (or afternoons) of free entertainment on the Weekends.
    Last edited by Elton Robb; 09-15-2008 at 12:24 PM.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads

House Rules

Since I am going to be the DM, I'd like you to know that there will be some house rules involved. I'll work with Ken to find out a happy medium, because as a Martial Artist, I'd like a way for martial arts to be simulated in the campaign.

The Cerilian martial arts I designed on my House Rules page for the Gulf of Coeranys campaign are what I consider as the development of martial arts in Cerilia. Anuirean Swordsmanship, Vos Tai-Chi-Jian, Basarji swordsmanship, Brecht Swordsmanship, and Rjurik Swordsmanship are all different forms at the time of Colonization and so forth.

When I can, I'll pick up Complete Warrior and Races of Destiny to see where I can bring my Cerilian Martial Arts rules into official D&D (but don't count on it).
    Regent of Medoere

Victoriaville, Province of Québec, Canada
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has this started yet?
    If not, when exactly were you thinking of playing? (time zone?)

I'd be interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We're looking at about around 2 PM Mountain Standard Time on Saturdays.

Victoriaville, Province of Québec, Canada
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh... guess it wont be possible then. I already have an irl game once every two weeks on saturdays .. Darn...
    May the moon shin brightly upon your dreams,
    And the Lady bring them to reality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Elton Robb View Post
    the whole action is played out real time over the internet using OpenRPG.
    Do you use that for the domain stuff too, or just the adventures?

I've been playing The Gorgon's Alliance again lately, and thinking about how to adapt parts of that interface for a DM tool that interprets the rules better and doesn't require quite so much clicking to max out the RP spent to improve a target number. Since I'd be making a GUI in Python anyway, I may as well try to make it compatible, or better yet steal someone else's fine work.

All I really want is to use the map window to display numbers on buttons, then bind the button clicks to rule/contest/tax/etc. formulae and a dice roller. Is this something you've seen anyone do with it? As a standalone app it's dirt simple, but if someone's already integrated such a thing into OpenRPG I see no reason to reinvent the wheel...

Thread Information