View Poll Results: which title suits ruler of Kozlovny better

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kozlovnyy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cccpxepoj View Post
    Kralj(King) is derived from from the name of Charlemagne, and the royal crown and title was granted by the Vatican, so i thing it is not appropriate for Vos.
    It might be good for the Nova Vos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we should use Voivod, we haven't use any Polish spellings for Vos, and it would add a confusing level of complexity, I think. Stick with the hard consonants.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Voivod it is then, though Baron, Zhupan and Khan were all close!

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a little thing I've always noticed, but never wrote about it. It's true this is only a game and should not be confused with RL, but if you have an emperor or king, then prince is someone of royal blood that is the potential successor. And here we have Vos titles like tsar, tsara, tsarevo, tsarevich, which is a lot of redundancy in my opinion, and also is wrong in one thing. Tsar or RL translation of russian title for emperor is second in hierarchy to tsarevich which is presumed in RL as a "little tsar" or a prince.

I can't seem to find a page that encompasses all of the Vosgaard titles, these pages are scattered around and I can find them only if I stumble upon them by luck or if I know the exact term I'm looking for.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    See the page title. They are all linked there. Each title should be a link to the title and the title should include the breadcrumb back to the titles page. I'll make sure they all include the breadcrumb.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Almost got to it. I typed titles to search.

So, under the title table there may be some additional info on a region specific uncommon/other titles?

Downloads
    Uploads
    exactly right

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In correspondance with the discussion here and some research based on Title page, I want to give a little proposition of Vos titles.

Current landed titles in Vosgaard could be graded as:

Hospodar/Gospodar - a lord or a master of a manor
    Chelnik - in charge of several manors
    Zhupan - province (zhupa)
    Kniaz - several provinces
    Veliki Kniaz/Velikaya Kniaginya - same as Kniaz, but of some "royal" blood, probably connected to a ruler as a son or daughter or grandson/granddaughter
    Tsarevich/Tsarevna - a replacement for current Tsor or Tsora (Tsara), and as a lower title than Tsar, which should be reserved for those like Basil Zariyatam.

If there were such a person like Basil Zariyatam, as already said, his title would be Tsar, his wife would be known as Tsaritsa. His heir apparent would be known as Tsesarevich (little Tsar, Tsarevich) and his wife as Tsesarevna.

Nona Vos could use a western based alternatives like Baron or Grof (Graf) for Kniaz and Zhupan (these were used IRL in Russia), respectively.

Boyar is an alternative for a lieutenant and Voivod could be a military leader of a larger force, perhaps not associated with any ruler and possibly the highest ranking noble in a domain (i.e. controlling several provinces), like in Kozlovnyy (as suggested already). Bayan could be an alternative for Zhupan there.

A few more court titles (sin. dvoryanin, pl. dvoryane, dvoryanstvo; dvor = court):
    Postelnichy - Chamberlain
    Riznichar/Kaznachey - Treasurer
    Dyak - Clerk/Barrister
    Mechnik - Squire

Tsarevos - warlords of old, in charge of large tribes.

Thread Information