View Poll Results: which title suits ruler of Kozlovny better

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kozlovnyy

Downloads
    Uploads

Kozlovnyy

Discussion thread for Kozlovnyy. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can something be done with the coat of arms of Kozlovnyy, they don't look Khinasi nor Vos, and it is pink not very warrior color, i simply can't imagne the great Warlord founder of the dynasty who accepted that color on his coat of arms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The pattern depicted is a fur. The standard colors are black on white, which is called ermine. There are also names for white on black, black on yellow, and yellow on black. I selected purple as the background color because it is the color of Ruornil.

So is a fur in the color of Ruornil.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i know my sister told me that, i am not very good with colors( i have some sort of Daltonism), but still there is no Ruornil cult in Kozlovnyy so i think that some other color is more appropriate.

How do you get good shields like that!?

Sorry to change the subject, but Kenneth, how do you make these shields? They look suppperb! Kozlovnyy in particular has a nice sheen to it!
    I agree with cccpxepoj that purple is not ideal for a Vos warrior kingdom (though Haelyn rather than Ruornil) - maybe dark-red (dried blood?)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a file of each color in the shape of a shield, it is dark on the edges and and bright in the middle. When I add an element, its done on a separate layer. I color it using the color of the shield as a pattern, so things on the shield share the lighting pattern of the background.

I can make the Kozlovnyy a blood red color, Murry, which I've only used once so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The title of Vladimir Nikailov is baron it doesn't sound either Vos or Khinasi to me. Can we change that to something different, something like Kniaz, Zhupan, grand Zhupan, Tsar, Woywod or Voivod, Kaghan, Khan, Ban or something else ?
    I will try to explain some of them; Kniaz is old Slavic title,the first Russian rulers had titles of Kniaz, it is similar to the western meaning of the title Duke.
    Zhupan is ruler of Zhupa; Zhupa means province, it is a title used by southern and western branch of Slavs and Hungarians, so Grand Zhupan means ruler of many provinces.
    Woywod is title similar to the western title of Duke, the term derives from the Slavic roots voi or voj (war, or battle) and vodi (to lead), and thus originally meant war leader.
    Ban, The word ban derives from South Slavic ban "lord, master, ruler", cognate with Persian ban "prince, lord, chief, governor" and Sanskrit pati "guardian, protector". The word is preserved in many modern-day place names.
    Others believe the word originates from Sarmatian bajan. According to one theory, the title of ban derived from the name of an Avar khagan, Bajan. There are alternative theories concerning Illyrian origin and the Illyrian name Banius, which is to be found on Illyrian remains in Bosnia.
    Khagan or Great Khan is a title of imperial rank in the Turkic and Mongolian languages equal to the status of emperor and someone who rules a Khaganate. It may also be translated as Khan of Khans, equivalent to King of Kings.
    Any ideas ?
    Last edited by cccpxepoj; 09-03-2008 at 06:49 PM.

System of nobility titles in Vosgaard is very different from russian or turk. So let it be baron. On the other side, baron can be anuirean equivalent for vos title. I have no problems with tsarevic as lord of tsars - we're here for game, not for historical precision. And Nikailov's ancestor can made his exotic title for fancy - he was conqueror and self-made man, after all. Northern Khinasi was under anuirean/haelinite ifluence, so this was possible. And Nikailov surely was not great emperor, so no Kagans, Shah-in-Shahs and Tsarevics.

And about mongol terms - no noyons in all the Cerilia. Pity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmmmm
    If I was a Vos "conqueror and self-made man" i would be a shamed to be titled as some arrogant tight-pants Brecht.

I think even Khinasi titles like Kalif or Sultan is better the baron.
    but some Vos title is the best solution.
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you're the Eastern European, Cccp, but "Vladimir Nikalov" sounds suitably Vos (Russian/Slavic) to my British ears.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Thread Information