Thread: Treyneir

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Treyneir

Discussion thread for Treyneir.

What is Treyneir? So we have a baronet, but absolutely no information on what the place is or even if it's only a field or two in northern Boeruine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering the same. At first I thought it was a province, but then I realised it was part of Tariene (which must be a county since it has a count). I am presuming that with Arlen Treyneir being a baronet, he must have a bit of control. He seems to be a knight who was given land and title for his good service. I imagine he acts as the Archduke and Count's law in a village or two, and has one large manor estate and perhaps a forest to care for. I doubt he would have control of any soldiers but his own. Any Boeruine forces in Treyneir would be under the control of the Count. However, Arlen would be responsible for providing them with lodgings, supplies and free passage. As the Archduke's reeve, he would have a small constabulary formed from his permanent soldiers. When needed, these soldiers can be added to the Count's. However, him being a baronet, his fealty is expected to place the needs of the Archduke before that of the Count.

How does that sound?

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds fine, but clearly I'm not up to speed on what a BR baronet does. In Britain, a baronet is an hereditary knighthood and a member of the gentry, rather than the peerage. That's all I really know about it.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are quite right. Either way, I like the idea that he is legally the duke's man. To quote BRwiki:
    Baronets typically are immediate vassals of the regent, rather than the local counts of their province. It is their oath, or "barones", which gives them their name.
    Why this is so I don't know but it does allow for possible rifts between the Count and the Baronet.

Sorontar

Thread Information