Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Warlock

Downloads
    Uploads

The Warlock

Discussion thread for The Warlock. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shouldn't we combine the Drake and the Warlock, since they refer to the same person, and the Drake contains only biographical information, and the Warlock contains everything but biographical information?

I agree. Combine them so to not confuse others. Some might not be so familer with the history and make the connections.

We just need to make sure both names lead to the same page.

Downloads
    Uploads
    18th level WARLOCK???

Why is that a good idea? I mean both 18th level AND the WARLOCK class...
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    18th level WARLOCK???

Why is that a good idea? I mean both 18th level AND the WARLOCK class...
    That was Sorontar's idea, not mine.

Elton.
    Regent of Medoere

I don't think making him a Warlock is a terrible idea. I tossed that around myself for a bit. I was thinking that the warlock class might not be perfect for Birthright but I was in for a single unique character as a warlock. There are already a lot of high level evil wizards all over the world, we can make some different. You could even tie in his powers as a warlock dependant on the power of the cauldron.

As for the level it makes sense. He doesn't have the prestige of a Gorgan or Manslayer but he has much of the power. The most powerful of the Gorgan children and has been around for centuries. He was powerful enough to escape the grasp of the Gorgan and has been specifically growing his power so he could challenge his father.

I have shifted other powerful wizards in my own game. el-Sirad was a level 17 wizard but I made him a sorcerer. Made more sense because he is called "The Sorcerer."

The Magian I gave him the prestige class arch-mage instead of standard wizard levels. He will be the only one in the world and an added reason to be feared. Other wizards won't be able to comprehend what he is doing with magic adding to his aura.

-BB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bbeau22 View Post

The Magian I gave him the prestige class arch-mage instead of standard wizard levels. He will be the only one in the world and an added reason to be feared. Other wizards won't be able to comprehend what he is doing with magic adding to his aura.

-BB
    What does that make Raesene Andu? The Gorgon? He combines an arcane class with a fighting class (20th level fighter/16th level wizard, I think).
    Regent of Medoere

Quote Originally Posted by Elton Robb View Post
    What does that make Raesene Andu? The Gorgon? He combines an arcane class with a fighting class (20th level fighter/16th level wizard, I think).
    Not sure if I follow. There are other wizards in the land that are 16-17th level and above. What I like about the arch-mage prestige class is that it allows a wizard to manipulate spells where a regular level 20 wizard would not.

Arch-mage can change the elemental type damage of spells. Instead of a fireball he could do an Iceball or electricball. They can also manipulate the shape of spells to not hurt allies. How intimidating is it if a wizard casts a delay blast Electric-ball on himself but doesn't get hurt because he can create a hole in the spell right where he is standing.

In my mind the Magian is the ultimate wizard of Birthright so if I can make him slightly different than the rest ... it is a good thing.

-BB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that with the Gorgon the best thing is just to completely eliminate the spellcasting - he can have minions for that sort of thing. He is the engine of destruction - he needs nothing more.

Plus as a non-mage he can stop being a genius - genius enemies with huge armies and personal invulnerability are something of a killer, average or even reasonably bright ones are far more easy to oppose as they can make mistakes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    According to the wiki history, it was Bbeau22 who suggested that the Warlock be an 18th level Warlock. I would ask Bbeau22 what they had in mind.

Sorontar
    Edit: Oops... bbeau22 already has joined the discussion

Thread Information