Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucan Macceln

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lucan Macceln

Discussion thread for Lucan Macceln.

Isn't a magical chain shirt worth over 14,000 gp just a little much for a 3rd-level character? With his rapier and other masterwork equipment, he almost has the total equipment of a 7th-level PC!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that, I was supposed to try to come with a story to cover that... will probably drop it later, instead. Shall see. Oh, it's because I had him made a 6th level character when I began and thought about putting him back.
    Last edited by Mojczak; 08-05-2008 at 10:58 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wouldn't this problem be common for wealthy families? Why would the scion of an important family have more stuff than his level would indicate?

The level - equipment guidelines are for game balance, not as a guide for how much stuff the youngest son of a local crimelord has.

Gary has previously mentioned using equipment as an ELC modifier. This certainly makes sense given how easy it is to bump a character into a much higher equipment category with one or two heirloom items.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, but why would the youngest son of a crime lord have all this much loot, unless his father loves him to bits or each member of his family has similar equipment?

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding things Macceln, the NPC pages have links to both a Category: Domain page and a Macceln Estate landing page.

Previously, the way we have handled families is to give them a family landing page, put that page in the Category:Organizations, and not to include a separate domain category for them.

So I would propose that Macceln Estate have links to everything Macceln plus organization and whatever other data you want, and that this serve as place to see what is connected here, and to not use a domain category.

Or, and I pose this question generally, do we want a category for each family?
    Last edited by Sorontar; 08-06-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: bloody smileys

Downloads
    Uploads
    So what I think Kenneth is suggesting is:
    * A page for each family member
    * A page for the family as a whole, that lists all its members and associates
    * The family page being part of [[Category:Organizations]]
    * Each page being part of [[Category: Domain: DOMAINNAME]], e.g. [[Domain:Endier]]

So far we haven't had enough pages about one group to bother start doing [[category:Family:NAME]] or [[category:House:NAME]] or [[category:Organisation:NAME]]. Don't make them domains unless they are domains. As a rule, a family/organisation is within the domain, not the other way round.

There are still some families I suspect in the system that perhaps could be marked as [[category:Organizations]].

Sorontar
    Last edited by Sorontar; 08-06-2008 at 01:35 AM. Reason: bloody smileys

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also note that we have been calling the pages for family groups "NAME Family" e.g. Baen Family, Isilviere family. Looking at these pages, I find that we also have [[Category:Houses]] for the family pages. Perhaps this is better than [[category:Organizations]]. And maybe Houses should be a subset of Organizations.

Ah, ontological networks. I use then at work and play :^)

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorontar's day job is at the Museum of Epistomology.

;-)

I went looking for Category:House and Category:Family. Houses, plural, didn't occur to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was something I wanted to do with the Macceln Brenna bloodline, as it appears that trouout the generations they have successfully keeped it, not only intact, but identical to each and every passing members even tho it is very unlikely that they would encounter members of the "right" strength frequently. I wanted to had something like "bloodline properties" maybe some characteristics for specific bloodlines: innate resiliency, evolutive progression, derivation strength, etc. Waddaya think?

AS for the org. I wanted one page for the Estate, one for the Family, one for the Bloodline. But... in all, the three could well end up in either one single organisation or family page, just neatly separated, which could be as nice, since all descrubted members, except one, are participating members of the criminal side of the family.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think most bloodlines operate that way. We get plenty of references to the effect that the problems of the current regent were experiences commonly by this predecessors.

Thread Information