Downloads
    Uploads

For the creation of an official Guilder Class

Because it's more than time that we settle that with a nifty, versatile, happy-nippy class. Since I've realised that the noble class insn't really suitable for guilder characters. Especially considering the arms and armor selections as well as the missing profession skill.

I propose that all those who are interested in participating get in that topic, manifest themselves. Makes propositions and we will proceed through votes.

Let's assume (considering the number of persons I've seen working on the wiki and on the site lately) that with work with a majority. There should be around 8 persons who would be most likely to vote. So, first the first step, I assume that we will need at least 5 (yes) to go on. You can vote or propose amendments for some parts, which will require an equal number of votes to begin with (5) until we have enough participants to need a majority over a 24-48 hours period.

I start with THIS!

The basics.

Guilder - Core Class, 20 levels.
    Alignement, any with a tedency for chaotic alignments
    BAB: Priest
    Saves: Fort Bad, Ref Average, Will Good

HP: d6 per level
    Skills: 6+Int (without forgeting the possibility for skill focus skills in the class developpment)

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do guilders have a tendency for chaotic alignment?

I already did a 12-level guilder class that I use quite successfully. ShadowMoon then based a PrC off my base class. There are links to both in the Guilder wiki article.

Guilder article: http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Guilder
    My base class: http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...andrin/Guilder
    ShadowMoon's prestige class: http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind..._Class/Guilder

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why 20 levels? Because classes and prestiges classes with a number of levels of 10 and above can grow unlimited as per the rules. Why not just design a whole 20 level class with cool real guilder feel to it?

Guilders have a tedency for chaotic alignments because they are supposed to be "adventurers" and fend by themselves paying to no one, as per the original description. Adventure, however, can take more than the form of going to kill a dragon, they are experts in financial adventures and risk taking or that sort. If that doesn't justify enough, will have to get my copy of heavens :P.

Oh, and I vote Yes (being the first vote) to the "Basic Proposition".
    Last edited by Mojczak; 08-05-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think my noble class (User:KGauck/Noble) is a good class for guilders.

The BRCS noble doesn't seem useful for anyone, I have tried to use it in builds and always decide to use something else. I have seriously considered Aristocrat in preference to the BRCS Noble, because at least then you get 2 levels for a single CR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I disagree the noble class is a good noble class built wisely. But it applie mainly to landed nobles... land-owners. I just think it isn't suitable to represent the edge of a guilder. A guilder would be very similar, but not not noble-ish... and btw, what happened to the trading venture brecht guilder special action???? Your variant has the same overall problems for a guilder gauck. It's nice tho.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mojczak, do you want a Guilder class that you can make NPCs on, that never have to go on adventures but do act as regents? Or a Guilder class that PCs can be made of that *can* go on adventures or act as regents? Or maybe a Guilder class that is designed primarly for adventuring but not tailored for being a superregent?

And if I was you, I would look at the original AD&D Guilder then decide what was wrong with that (as well as the various Noble classes mentioned here), before trying to design a new class. Work out your basic specifications before you try and design the body of the class. This is especially important if you want the guilder to be different to the other classes (and not just a variation of one of them, e.g. Rogue or Noble).

And check out the various discussions that are in the archives of this forum.

Sorontar.

Thread Information