Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Medhlorie Haensen

Discussion thread for Medhlorie Haensen. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Statwisely. Just gave her out of heart. Might be a bit overpowered. As for the domain, should be at least classified with Coeranys, as she is supposed to be a Lt of Eluvie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As she has her own domain she might better be described as an ally.

It would be awkward for her to have a turn in Coeranys as well as her natural turns in her own domain. Perhaps it would be better for the LPA's chief in Coeranys to occupy this position as lieutenant, especially if this person were to hold an office as that is intimately connected with the law.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, she is not the single regent in that position. I believe the ruler of brosengae has the same inclination for Boeruine. As of rules those "lt" regents have to spend a character action to perform whatever action asked by their actual "liege", or this is how I've seen it played. The chief in Coeranys is Medlhorie, this is where they have headquarters, don't they?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is more sensible under close inspection, or invent subordinates and develop them for the purpose of these lieutenancies. I like to pick four officers for each regent to detail especially. This is a good opportunity to round out such a figure.

No need to keep the cast of actors in Anuire to a handful.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that Medhlorie Haensen's ability scores are unrealistically high. Not every character needs to have stats that would rival an SAS member or a black ops commando. Most people will have stats in the 8-12 range, with one or two exceptional abilities, and even scions are not likely to have universally high statistics, especially at only 3rd-level.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I almost invariably use the standard array (from 3.5) 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15. For 2e conversions with especially high stats, I do several things
    1) no 1 attribute point /4 levels, they must be included ms. 16, 17, 18
    2) There are feats that add attribute scores. While not a good idea for normal use, at the very least if I am not going to nerf the NPC's scores, at least I can charge them a feat for some of it. In the case of the scores listed for Medhlorie, something like Voice of Command (+2 Cha) and Scholarly Upbringing (+2 Int) can be used to put some min in the max.
    3) I do nerf attributes from time to time, but its a last resort.

A character concept might call for unusually high stats, and I put character concept as the highest principle to follow. The thing is I can usually put some weaknesses in any character concept.

Another issue to contend with when looking at stats is the question of the provenance of a character. If the game where a character was developed was one where (in terms of the standard array) everyone was a little more heroic, and had 12 more attribute points to work with. So I always keep the standard array (as defined above) in mind.

While I'm on the subject I also use the -2 Str +2 Con for female characters.

So if I found Medhlorie in a 2e material, I would probabaly just make her take Voice of Command or Scholarly Upbringing as a starting feat. If I didn't think that was enough, I might nerf her Str to 10. But just making her take the feat is what I would probabaly do to explain why her stats are as high as they are.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For Medholrie's I went to justify them as such. She is indeed a relatively low character and has to rule over a rather lager domain for her own scope. The temple in itself is relatively militant requiring for a minimum of warrior-edginess (like, I am pretty content with the stats she has), as said earlier, for the mental primes, she NEEDS something to justify the fact that she is where she is now, high hierophant or a well established clerical order of avani (goddes of reason... etc).

All in all with the stats she has got there I am relatively happy. Feel free to change them if you really must.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If she has too few levels, add levels of Noble.

But also consider, she may not have worked her way up. She most likely inherited her office as her birthright.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What I did already. She was P2 in Birthright CS, she now is Nbl1/Clr2 with the presented stats. Have you taken a look at them? Perhaps they could be lowered, but... well, I don't see the point. Could deal that on luck too. Just get back to stat rolling. But the represented Medhlorie makes for a strong-willed assertive, inquisitive woman... one someone as eluvie cariele would probably WANT as a Lt.

Thread Information