Downloads
    Uploads

Arlando el-Adaba

Discussion thread for Arlando el-Adaba. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is with those "lineages" I keep seeing under character titles description. is there a list of these different lineages? And some links, perhaps... As well as to those alternate rules that I don't know where they come from. I'd be willing to help for the character constructions and stuff, filling it... so far all I feel confortable with is correcting typos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The list of lineages I use are:
    Criminal
    Common
    Middle Class
    Lesser Nobility
    Greater Nobility/Royalty

Fundamentally, it describes where this person came from.

Do they, or their near relations, run a domain? Do they have a substantial bloodline? Are they leaders in the domain? This kind of thing describes greater nobility. Most realms have two or three families in this rank, plus the regent. Regents of ancient houses, with great bloodlines, direct lines to a Deismaar hero can bump someone to a royal lineage. They are mostly the same.

Lesser nobility is for someone who runs a sub-domain. Bloodline can go form none to major. I would guess that three-quarters of the lineages described are lesser.

Middle class don't run domains, their interests are entirely private. They may work in a domain, but its a job. No bloodline, generally. But they are probabaly literate, know how to handle money, and have some skills. They live in a city or town.

Common means the character is rural and has farm, hunting, or primary craft skills, like a carpenter.

Criminal means the character was raised on the streets or in a criminal organization.

The character's skill set, personality, and outlook are shaped by their lineage. There are also various settings that offer different feats for starting characters of a given lineage. Its help to fleshing out the character as well as being a handy shorthand.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, Kenneth. why don't you do a short page for the wiki, explaining your rank and lineage section, then you can link from your characters to that page, saving anyone else asking that question and making your characters all the more complete?

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a page called Social class that discusses this stuff, though I used more categories (breaking common lineage into serf and yeoman, and middle class into laborer and tradesmen).

I suppose I could add some feat descriptions under the application section.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why does this chap appear to have two blood abilities, despite having a blood score considerably under 20?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because that's how it appears on page 63 of Cities of the Sun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The off-topic rules debate has now been pruned from this discussion thread.

Thread Information