Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Torele is one of the few humans descvribed as sent by the elves to serve their ends - which is probably why the Rhuimach page refers to him. Otherwise I don't think that there should be any link to Taline.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I have undone all the links I made of Rhuimach to Talinie. However, he is now back to being described as "Captain General of Dhoesone, Lord of Taeline", which doesn't make sense if there is no place called Taeline. If it is supposed to indicate that he is one of the Taelinri, then I think this should be saying "Captain General of Dhoesone, Lord of the Taelinri" or "Captain General of Dhoesone, Taelinri Lord" . What say you?

Sorontar

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the whole point of the Taelinri is that they are without titles, wandering Sidhelien-trained troubadours, as it were. Maybe the Taelinri should simply read: "one of the Taelinri".

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    I think the whole point of the Taelinri is that they are without titles, wandering Sidhelien-trained troubadours, as it were. Maybe the Taelinri should simply read: "one of the Taelinri".
    I understood it to be counselor/historian, rather than troubador. Either way, I think the "Lord of" can be scrapped. Unless the few taelinri are all addressed as "Lord" as a courtesy title. Like "Doctor" in the academic sense?

Thinking about this now, it strikes me the the taelinri are one of the first instances in BR where I've thought, "now *that's* a prestige class." Not to threadjack this, but I mean this with the belief that PrCs should be few and far between.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've generally thought of Taeline as an Anuirean corruption of his title, and him being called 'lord' as a general honorific - people then assuming that his 'surname' reflects some place. The Baroness may however simply have labeled some manors 'Taeline' and given him a patent of nobility. As it is causing confusion however it should be explained or tidied.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So Andrew, is this "Lord of Taeline" actually originating from published material?

From the descriptions on the wiki, I gather that the Taelinri

1. Are respected "eldermen"
    2. Have no specific formal role, but are an accepted part of court society
    3. Have undergone special training
    4. Originate with a diverse range of skills, since they come from a variety of backgrounds.

In some ways, that sounds like a "thinker", one who is an expert of their field but can think outside it. They are people you would ask for advice rather than for actions. They are the teachers, the counselors, the wise ones. They are the ones who can live and feel the heart of their craft. They know the spirit of what they do.

Of course, this then allows them to have skills and feats that are more etheral than other classes, but may also give domain action bonuses. It might need to be treated like an extension of Profession or Knowledge skills.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that as a name 'Rhuimach Taeline' is in the books, but 'lord of Taeline' is new to me - I was just figuring possible explanations.

Thread Information