Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lending Support

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do people allow their regent players to support their domain action with BOTH the province level and any relevant holding levels they own, or are players limited to supporting with only a single source?
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe they should be able to do it with both because they have influence from both and they are different kinds of influence.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously! It would be ridiculous if they could not!
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Using province level is in many ways problematic, as it only represents formal rulership of the land. You can be king, but you needn't have any real power in all parts of your kingdom.

I stick with holdings only. Provinces never apply.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Green Knight

Using province level is in many ways problematic, as it only represents formal rulership of the land. You can be king, but you needn't have any real powr in all parts of your kingdom.

Then what purpose is there in collecting RP for Provinces? Is you collect RP for provinces what are the RP's based on on?
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lawgiver

Orginally posted by Green Knight

Using province level is in many ways problematic, as it only represents formal rulership of the land. You can be king, but you needn't have any real powr in all parts of your kingdom.

Then what purpose is there in collecting RP for Provinces? Is you collect RP for provinces what are the RP's based on on?
    "as it only represents formal rulership of the land"

That is how I do it. You get RP for being a figurehead, but you dont also get a freebie when it comes to influenceing action difficulties.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    SO you mean to tell me that a king of his land who finds out that a cult is starting a 0 level temple in his domain couldn't use the influence of being the province leader to crush this cult!!! I can think of many different ways that the king could have some power over the situation. He shouldn't have to have a temple holding or any other kind of holding for that matter to block it!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that is my opinion. Simple rulership isn't enough to influence the situation in such a way as to apply the province level as a modifier. There is a host of other options though:

1. Use some of the RP generated by the province to contest it. The king isn't wholly without influence.
    2. Issue a decree banning the cult. That might make things more difficult for it or perhaps direct other regents to take action against it.
    3. Have a friendly regent with holdings attack the cult.
    4. Send in the troops.
    5. Get some law or other holding type yourself, and use that against the cult.

The posibilities are endless. I'm not claiming the king has no ability to influence, just that he shouldn't get RP from the province AND the ability to modify his actions with the Province level AND holding levels. Sounds a bit excessive to me.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, if you were a regent with holdings in an allied province, and someone was trying to set up shop next to you, couldn't you ask for the province rulers support? If that is the case then yes your holding and the rulers support would go towards the contestment.
    Why couldn't it work if you were the province ruler and had holdings? I would think that since there is more at stake the ruler would have the most influence.(If the people support her, if they don't then it could work against the ruler)
    Abbess Allessandra
    from the United Provinces of Haelyn
    "On your knees...to pray!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Green Knight I would think when you use your province level to lend support that you are in actuality making a decree or influencing important people to make it harder to achieve success or failure in what they are doing. and its the province level that determines how much influence the regent has.
    Lord Shaene Conlynd
    Regent - United Provinces of Haelyn

Thread Information