Downloads
    Uploads
    Who here has looked through the Wheel of Time D20 game??I really like what they have done with it and I plan on using some of these elements in my upcoming BR campaign.

For example,Defense Class.Every Class has a defense class,which only works while you are wearing no armor.Except for Armsmen(fighters),who get a special ability wherein they have learned how to use their armor to best effect,thereby allowing them to add both their defense class AND their armor bonuses.There are a few other elements,such as the Noble Class which I beleive will fit VERY well in BR.

Once I get my WoT book back,I will work on it fully and will post my results.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm always up for a good addition to the games. Wheel of Time is one of the largest fantasy settings to date, I wonder if the setting is as good as the series...
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to the posts!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I myself love the WoT setting and was very excited to get my copy of the D20 rules. The character I am playing has taken the Blade Master prestige class bring a little bit of specialization to the character.

The Noble class is just waiting to be used in the birthright setting. Some of the prestige classes are as well. The Gleeman and the Commander are both very likely to be seen somewhere in Cyrilia.

The GM I am gaming with currently is looking to add the defensive bonuses in as well.
    Arlen Blaede-Blademaster
    Regent of Myddjarna
    First Lord of the Giant Downs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well what I have done is used the defense bonus and armor because we have made armor give damage reduction instead of keeping you from getting hit in the first place. There were a lot of bugs to work out at first but once we got the hang of the new system it was okay. Armor still gives arcane spell failure and all that jazz but it does make it a bit intersting. Oh yeah, the armor max dex appilies as max dex and max def bonus. Just so you know. I hope that was not too disjointed.

CW

Downloads
    Uploads
    CW, we use armor as damage reduction in our as well. We also use a different melee system as well, I think I had posted it in the first couple of pages in the alternative AC thread in the sword and crown forum. Have you tried layering different types of armor? we are but there are bugs to work out yet.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have not had anyone try to layer armor yet. My first thought, after gosh that really sounds heavy, would be to add one half the lesser armor to the greater armor. That is how it worked in ShadowRun if memory serves. I will have to look up your thread, sounds intersting. I have plenty of time to get caught up since a lot of my troupe is still out going through caves in the middle of nowhere.

CW

Thread Information