Sorry if this gets posted twice, I thought I had posted this but I don't see it so redoing it.

Humans in Cerillia more so than any other setting felt unique to their subrace instead of saying 'prefers to be wizards' there was actual game play difference from a Anuriean to Brecht.

3.X mandated certain balance issues, so while some elements of the unique feel were maintained one of the biggest parts (the attribute modifers) were removed, as it would be unbalancing.

4E gives humans a +2 to an attribute of their choice. This alone means we could bring the modifers back.

I think, if we make them static, there is no reason balance wise it couldn't be like other races and +2 to 2 attributes.

My Proposal
Anurieans - There is a new class in 4e called the warlord that just cries out in my mind for Anurieans.
+2 Wis +2 Cha this allows decent Warlords or Clerics or Paladins.

Brecht - There are two styles of rogues, the charismatic sneak theif style and the brute. I think the Brecht should favor the charismatic kind.
+2 Dex +2 Cha My only caveat with this is that thats standard halflings, and just feels weird. but the brute rogue would feel weirder. My instinct wants +2 Dex +2 Int, but thats the attributes of an elf and would require some work to make the Elf still viable

Khinasi - There is no race that makes the optimal control style of wizard (that is a wizard that focuses on giving monsters status problems (imobilized, continual damage et cetra). There might be real reasons for it beyond what I can see, but Khinasi have always seemed best chosen as that kind.
+2 Int +2 Wis.

Rjurik - Oddly them and the Vos (for now) should fill a similar class's role, that of the ranger. but they approach from opposite ends for the Rjurik its the ranged ranger.
+2 Dex +2 Con

Vos - As said above, the Vos for now should seek the other side of the Ranger (in my mind), that of the dual wielding high damge type. Really, as there is no human focused on a fighter I would like to niche the vos there, but defender role just doesn't suit their description. Though the boosts I am thinking for them helps for a fighter as well. If anything I am most worried about the vos due to the generalized good found in them as I have them in my mind.
+2 Str +2 Dex