Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Races: Halfling

I would say alot of the monsters are underpowered, however I don't think that changing it to concealment is really doing that much better at balancing it out. These halflings don't get an actually full defense bonus but two situational bonuses, +1 for Saving Throws, +5 for Poison.

I still don't completely agree with the Arcana as Arcana is more then Detect Magic, it is a knowledge of the magical workings which I don't see Halflings having. I could see a +2 bonus to Arcana which means that non-arcana trained Halflings have a chance to still use the skill and it gets more powerful as they level (the 1/2 level modifier).

I wanted to add that when races are updated to full player rules from the MM they don't always retain the original MM power level. Example being the Gnome which had three abilities added to it (Fey Origin, Master Trickster, Trickster's Cunning).

Thread Information