Thread: 4e as CCG

Downloads
    Uploads

4e as CCG

The episode for this month on the D&D podcast is a video. They play out an encounter to show some veteran players playing at the paragon level in a level 17 encounter.

What struck me most was that they seemed to have cut outs of their powers, and they would flip them after they used them. It looked very much like a collectible card game being played.

Yeah seems strange. In some ways I like it because all of the relevent information about your power is on your card right in front of you. Then you can flip it once used.

Since some things get replenished after each encounter just having a sheet that you mark off might get wrecked pretty quickly.

-BB

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking at this massive thread makes the thing doesn't look so strange

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=220953

There are several other minor threads talking in ENWorld about power cards (and one asking Wizards to release it, but well, not sure if they will release it, they are risking the DnD 4e = MtG or something along those lines...).

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Did someone say Power Cards

Hi There,
    I have been a long time member of this forum since it was a 2nd ED forum and game. Any way If you like the Idea of the power cards Here is the link. This link will lead you to down load a software that will enable use all of the current D&D powers as well you make change to existing ones and add new power cards.

I hope you find this link as useful as I did.

PS. The set is not complete Yet. but it is very close.

PSS.. Did I mention it is free....

Jef

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks pretty interesting. A lot of the stuff I've been seeing about playing have been along these lines: using markers, marking conditions, keeping track of initiative, what powers and items have been used.

Downloads
    Uploads

Intresting stuff..

Yep, There is lots of fan based stuff that is coming out that is interesting. This D&D system is good but lots of the player released stuff like character sheets that auto populate and DM Screens and such are mostly incomplete, but They are very comprehensive but they still miss some stuff.

The new D&D system is very flexible, and so many little bonuses here and there that it is tough to remember them all so that is why people are creating these things to help out which is good (IMO). The biggest hurdle I see is they are going need to get out new powers to use or rules for creating new powers to add versatility in the classes.

But it will be interesting to see what happens.

Thread Information