Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason I like the search engine method, is that it will show that there is already a page for Aubrae Avan. Another reason I like to use the search engine is that if someone else has referred to my subject, in this case Aubrae, on another page, I want to look at those pages and see what's already been written. I may want to add it, edit it, or link to it.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would also advise looking at the potential category to see how similar articles are entitled and laid out. For instance, if you were going to write-up an awnshegh, you'd check the Category for Awnsheghlien. That should help you with consistency.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That makes sense Kenneth - I've done quite a lot of converting other people's stuff so other pages on the same subject wasn't an issue - but being able to copy the base page for formatting and so on was. Uploading Rasene Andu's Aduria for example (part done like so many other things) went a lot more quickly by creating the index, then doing one realm slowly, then using that one realm as a template for all the others.

That said using realm / character / etc templates is key to keep the overall format anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just whated to make it clere it is very unlikely I would be converting my games to 4e I would hope the infomation for the 3.5 dose not disapere under the rush for 4e?
    ]Blood is power; there is no way of changing that truth, in any way, shape or form.

Life is and always will be about survival of the fittest - what does not kill you, makes you stronger.

GM tags
    Raesene/Wanderer

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've added a link on the main page of the wiki for the 4e conversion - it can be made more prominent later.

http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...nversion_draft

As I haven't finished reading 4e yet the index and template will probably need a lot of work - make your own changes or let me know.

Getters: as far as I am aware nothing is going to be deleted on the site - and any conversion will take months minimum to get past the arguing stage - so don't worry, 3.5e isn't going anywhere.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 3.5 rules are definitely not going anywhere and I think it is highly unlikely that the number of 4th Ed pages will even be noticeable for weeks to come.

Downloads
    Uploads

D&D is Dead. Long live D&D

How wont to play simplified version of WOW on monopoly board. Not me. The Grate Wizards are in deep tumble (i mean trouble). this 4th e is for retarded - yo-gi-oh kid players. Money destroyed D&D and our beloved Birthright. Until they bankrupt and give right for publishing to this site and Funs at all. I am going to CP 2020 world.

I will play memorial Birthright session using 3.5 "THE grate job" conversion once a year

Goodbye comrades (& D&D) till 5th edition.
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Getting off at this stop!

Me im getting off, been playing a long time. and no more conversions for me or new books 3.5 is my last stop. I have a small fortune in material's and magazines and many many other things so Bon Voyage!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Be real careful with how any 4th ed material is presented on the wiki (and these boards).

WoTC has made it real clear that the SRD for 4th ed will not be the same structure. It will be more of a writers guide but essentially no real mechanics. So it is impossible to play the game without the books now.

It is also impossible (from a legal perspective) to write "conversion" or "update" of BR too.

We (this site and mail serv) has now "lost" its "official" status. WoTC made that clear in an e-mail to the "official" site owners (and that Arjan shared quite a while ago. Therefor we no longer have the "protection" when it comes to 4th ed material.

So as far as I understand it - any 4th ed material posted (other than "discussions" on how someone would theoretically go about it) is pretty much "illegal now".

And since the "SRD" (or its equivalent will not be posted by WotC until later this year it is far too early to even attempt a "project".

I did get my books last week and have quickly browsed through them. In general I like it, but I am still not sold on the "selling" of the 4th ed system and how it interalates with anyone trying to publish (or post) things. Pretty much you can either support 3.5 or 4th ed but not both under the same "licence".

Once the SRD (or its equivalent) comes out IMO people can post specific NPCs (and such) that meet the 4th ed mechanics but they can't post 4th ed mechanics in their documents. Which will cause all kinds of issues in the future IMO.

Be real, real careful on what getws posted on the Wiki with regard to 4th ed material. I don't want this site (and Arjan) to end up on the wrong end of WotC's ire.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    the answer to that then is dont. Keep the site complaty 3ed that why you dont viloute any laws of coperight.
    ]Blood is power; there is no way of changing that truth, in any way, shape or form.

Life is and always will be about survival of the fittest - what does not kill you, makes you stronger.

GM tags
    Raesene/Wanderer

Thread Information