Thread: The Dragon

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

The Dragon

Whilst paging through the pages of Havens of the Great Bay I found reference to The Dragon on page 66. In my available resources I've found no other mention of a specific "The Dragon" and I've found little else online. The reference to it in Havens of the Great Bay is vague, very very vague. The only concrete thing said about it is it's alignment and it's name as "The Dragon". It mentions a few possible ideas of what it could be but I was hoping that some resource I just didn't have had more info on it. They talk of it being a normal dragon that uses the sources or of a it being a possible awnsheghlin. Any help anyone would have about this creature would be greatly appreciated cause I always hate to just wing it with no idea of the original intent. Changes may be made but I want them to be made consciously.
    Last edited by valouldrith; 06-01-2008 at 04:44 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its an unknown entity. It could be a guy who has a bookstore in Kearn, an elf who taught magic to Voyrnn, or it could be a creature of some kind, but that its described as a rumor. They clearly say that no one knows and they don't mention it again. "The Dragon" is not its name, its what it is called, which isn't necessarily the same thing.

The only PS that was officially put out missed actual publication was was released as a pdf. Muden. Andrew has recently made a Danigau PS. There is nothing on Drachenward that I have seen.

I made the coat of arms yesterday. That's about as far I have seen on Drachenward.

My own approach would be to make a secretive person who has a hidden agenda and so maintains a low profile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for "original intent," I think that as a rule, when something is mentioned vaguely there really is no original intent other than that the authors wish for the DM to establish his own. It's pretty standard practice, really, for D&D authors to toss out little blurbs as idea starters, with little more behind them than a desire to get a DM's creative juices flowing so that he can run with something of his own.

So don't feel reluctant at all to "just wing it." The Dragon was put there for that exact purpose.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well then on my own toes I will step

Thanks for the confirmation of a lack of information. Here is what I intend to do just for closure. My PCs were requested by Sera to slay this "The Dragon" as a holy mission after a PC prayed to her for a large favor. This is because in my rendition of the world "The Dragon" is an elven neutral-ish awnsheghlin that is secretly helping the other elves of the realm bolster their forces enough to attempt a push against the humans (elves not being god worshipers, the gods take this as a front against them and thus decree it's death at the available opportunity). It has been patrolling the Drachenward looking for sources to better facilitate this goal. The god Sera specifically chose it's death and the dispersement of it's wealth because like all dragons "The Dragon" is a hoarder of wealth, which Sera a god of mercantile hates. She chose the PC's because they have a priest of her and a few worshipers and they have killed an awnsheghlin before (They were able to best The Boar).

Thanks again for the help. Ideas are always helpful and appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I was looking over Drachenward and considered that the Dragon was a sidhe, I wondered especially about Talron Bluch (who is less connected to the realm than Llebruch) who might know a sidhe wizard acting as the Dragon. His role might be critical. If anyone were to be a link or obstacle, it would most likely be Talron. However knowing the Dragon doesn't mean alliance. They could be indifferent but familiar. They could be rivals. But Talron Bluch knows more than anyone else and will show up unexpectedly to advance his agenda.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you sure that Havens wasn't talking about Ohlaak the Dragon, who we have already debated about and ended up leaving up to DMs, IIRC? Or maybe that debate was about the SwordMage.

A basic entry for Ohlaak has been put in the wiki at
    http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...aak_the_Dragon

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its almost certainly a different character, though one DM resolution might be to just substitute Olaach. But the Dragon as such a vast source domain in Drachenward, I would really wonder what brought him to far away Stjordvik to try and devlope the tiny source domain that Olaach has. The travel time alone would seem to make it prohibitive, unless he travels by magical means. These two domains are on the opposite ends (almost) of the continent.

Thread Information