I only found this group yesterday, when I was looking around the web for old BR stuff. I was thinking of trying to get the boxed set, and convert it to 3.5, when, lo and behold, someone seems to have done it for me.

I took a quick look at the rules (all of about 15 minutes), and they left me a bit uncertain. Before I invest more time in them, I thought I'd ask some questions that have probably been asked before:

1. The first thing that struck me is that the rules seem long. I think the page count was 187. I am NOT interested in getting into a version of BR that has been overcomplkexificated all to Hell and back. Maybe somebody can offer some insight.

2. What about physical components? Do you still need the original set to play? I saw no war cards, no battlemat, and no map of Cerilia. Or am I just missing them? Can these be downloaded someplace for BR 3e? It seems like a pretty useless exercise if these things are not available.

3. I thought I saw some things in the rules that were rather sweeping changes, and unwelcome. For one thing, if memory serves, you could play out tactical battles with multiple war cards in the same area. Is this no longer the case? Seems like it would greatly change the tactics of the game.

Anyway, I am hoping that this system will serve my needs, as I'd like to introduce my present players to BR. Any information would be appreciated.