Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    33 - but still young at heart/mind.
    Bah. You're old as dirt. I, on the other hand, at 32, feel young and fresh.

I was introduced to the setting by a friend, and after a painful campaign as a player, its held a special place in my heart. Its been ages since I've played, but I ran a campaign that lasted until a couple of years ago. Now I run a homebrew on the new Storyteller system, but the BR-influence is clearly visible in this, as in most of my other games.

I do love a little game of thrones every now and then, as do I love the old game of cloaks and daggers.
    -Harald

Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.

Blog

So long ago....

Yeah I'm 33.
    I too dismissed the setting for the first few years it came out (Still holding on to the D&D Mystara setting, loved the "Northern reaches" especialy). Really only got into Birthright when Vos book was published... And then spent my first "real job" money on getting as many books as I can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yet another 33 year-old.

I spent the Summer between two of my years at university writing up a game (set in 2nd Age Middle Earth) that revolved around domain-management and rulership, with characters members of a minorly supernatural bloodline.

By the time I got back to university, TSR had released Birthright. Never have I been so hacked off to see a setting and game premise that I liked so much! I spent the rest of the year (over the course of which the game ran) fielding questions about how much I'd "based" my work on BR....

Since then, I've played in a few (mostly brief) tabletop games and a fair number of PBEMs - the longest-lasting of which was the just-finished Rjurik Winds.

I've run a couple of BR games myself, with the best-received being one set in Vosgaard in which the climax of the first campaign involved the player characters finally becoming regents as each secured one level 0 holding in a level 0 province.... I still adore both the setting and the premise of the game, and would love to both run and play a great deal more.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Well another at 40

I'm 40
    being playing D&D since the first edition, i always like massive combat (been a Dm since that time) and when the player character get high level, kingdom was always fun to have. But when birthright arrive, oh man, i liked it right away ! Simple rules easy follow up, structure of money and magic from the land. I DM many groups but birthright is one of my favorite .

I play mainly by the web and i just discovered a fantastic tool for anykind of campaign, but i think it fits well in birthright : it is Map tools. I use a map as a background and evrything else if token related by Macro so it is a lot easier to follow up many player.

Well that was my 2 cents !

wow i'm the youngest. i'm 18. i got into birthright through the old gorgan aliance game, i really loved the way it played at the domain level and i searched up birthright on the internet and that's how i found this site. i got into DnD the same way being a huge fan of Neverwinter nights 2.

I like seeing the young folks. Glad you discovered the site.

-BB

Thread Information