Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    37, been playing ad&d since 1983, BR since it first arrived at my local store. have loved it ever since, DM'ed over 50 adventures, about half with PC regents, am currently involved with a party of 7, but no regent PC's. my players love the detail in the setting, and as a DM, owning all the published product is very helpful, even managed to get in a couple of all out wars with the warcards...

Downloads
    Uploads
    46 here.

First discovered BR, at a Hobby store, was looking for something to run for my group, saw the boxed set, and been doing it ever since.

Downloads
    Uploads
    32 and had pre-ordered BR as soon as I heard about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been out of the community for 6 or more months now, as life got a little too busy to hang out on internet message boards (but I'm back now for the moment).

26 years old.

I first saw the BR box at a local hobby store back in 1995, about 3 months or so after the setting had come out. Thought it looked really cool, so I picked it up... loved the political intrigue, the strategy game aspect, the tendency toward a more realistic setting, and all the ancient evils. Between pbems and face to face games, I've definitely played more BR than any other form of RPG. Just concluding a face to face game now in fact. It will most likely be the last such face to face game I run in a long, long time (unfortunately), as I'm making a career move.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 36 and knew I had to get BR as soon as I saw the first ads in the late and lamented Dragon magazine.
    I got everything except a few of the novels and still think BR is the best world ever developed for D&D, short of my home-grown expanded BR world of course - probably finished around the next millenium

As for playing, I had a great campaign going for about four years which just started to explore the domain level of play.
    Well, in theory, the campaign's still active, but for the last two and a half years, since my son was born, I only seldom found the time to DM - trying to be a good dad next to work makes for long hours.

The last time I ran a game is already three or four months ago, I spontaneously introduced the eight-years-old son of our neighbours and his mother to roleplaying. A friend of mine (a player in my old campaign) also was there and I ran this group through the old Castle Amber module. I made everything about their characters up as we went along, based on the minis they chose and we all had a blast - wasn't enough for the start of a new group, though.

Well, my son already loves dragons, monsters, dice, and my minis (the latter makes for many broken arms, lost weapons etc.) , so I'm mostly trying to train the next generation of roleplayers nowadays

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 32. I have been DMing since the product first came out. Fell in love with the tactical and domain running side of things. I was already trying to make my own world just before it came out to do the same sort of thing.

I just love the flavour of the setting and the low magical side of things. I was never into uber gaming and got bored of that sort of thing very quick.

The last two years I have just be DMing on an adventuring level in the Brechtur region and have just started a theif/city based campaign in Brechlen the capital of Muden. My players are not interested at the moment in Domain level stuff. Thats why I play PBEM to get my fix.

Downloads
    Uploads
    36. Picked up original boxed from a gamer selling off his stuff, loved it and then went on to buy just about everything BR we could get our hands on. In fact, only missing a few minis, lol!
    For the last ten years we've only played birthright. Last year we started teaching our kid to play too.
    O hark, O hear! How thin and clear,
    And thinner, clearer, farther going!
    O sweet and far from cliff and scar
    The Horns of Sielwode faintly blowing!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again!

Ehm, I'm a boy not a girl!

I play D&D since 10 years ago starting playing AD&D with DL. Then I've always played Greyhawk and I consider it as the best setting never made (no, don't kill me ). Or the best never played. (Canonfire rules!!!)

I reject with all my strength the 4E and having finished the GH campaign I would like start with a new setting. I found Birthright an interesting setting and I hope to enjoy it very well.

Ciao,

Andrea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i am 26. Br fun from start
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

I'm 20 years old, and found the Gorgon's Alliance about ten years ago. I played the game over, and over, and over, and even read the information attached to it (Ruins of Empire, was it?). Of course then, I had no money to buy the probably more prevalent books and boxed sets. Or now, for that matter!

I have never played a game of Birthright in my life, but am preparing to DM a fledgling campaign soon. Its the unfortunate fact of a roleplayer's life that in order to experience a setting they love, they often have to sacrifice themselves for the greater good (DMing for others, instead of roleplaying in it).

Have always checked this site periodically, but have never had that much to say on the forums, particularly. Maybe it'll change soon, when I get my first Birthright campaign under my belt!

Thread Information