Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

A very old question...

I just read Andrea's post where she mentions she's 24 and new to Birthright.

I'm wondering what is the average age of Birthright Players/DMs/Fans (based on this site's fanbase)? (Maybe a poll could be run?) And how are the new (read: younger) people discovering Birthright? Is it through this site? That would be great!

For myself, I'm 38 years old and I remember buying the PS of Ilien as my first BR product. (I thought it was an adventure, which led me right back to the store to pickup the boxed set.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    29 here ^^;
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads

Shadowmoon

Where/when did you discover BR?

Downloads
    Uploads
    50 and starting playing it when it first came out.

I was in a group that was playign primarily Dark Sun when one of the player's saw the boxed set and decided to buy it and run it.

Went through several interations (with different DMs and gaming styles, including a couple of attempts myself at DMing).

Have loved the setting since the beginning - even if I don't get to play it.

IMO BR bards were what a 2nd ed bard should have been - and not the mini-wizard that they had become in general.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stv2brown1988 View Post
    Where/when did you discover BR?
    After The Iron Throne novel, I mean I saw the product before, but wasnt sure if it suits me till I got "enchanted" by the mature RPG Birthright feeling...
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    40, and one of my friends bought the boxed set and Talinie when they came
    out. I fell in love pretty quickly, and eventually bought the set from him,
    and went on to buy everything else published (I think), except the novels.
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 05-29-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 29.

I've begun my FRPG rampage only 10 years ago with a custom AD&D 2nd edition setting my friend DMed. I've heard of it before but never got any chance to play. So when I heard that he's in it, I begged to let me play with his group.
    Soon after, he tried to run a BR. That was my first contact and I was pretty lost. But we never played it more then once. Then, some 4-5 years ago, another friend started a campaign that is still active (with minor or major breaks), you can see my sig.
    Always wanted to get everything from it, and D&D in general. So, I was happy like a little kid when a month ago I finally got the BR novels (that is, all except War). I had a hard time finding them since 99% of all online shops don't ship to my country, they've never been sold here and they are not published anymore. So, if you have a copy you don't need...
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    26, loved BR since it came out, never got a chance to play it tabletop, only in PBEMs, unfortunately. Played plenty of other RPGs, but couldn't get enough people together for BR who liked the strategy game feel--at least not when we had time to do so (one group might have, but we were engaged in an epic campaign prior to it, anyway).

Downloads
    Uploads
    35, been playing Birthright since about 1999/2000, when I joined an already started AD&D campaign (called rather imaginatively Team D) with a 3rd level Druid. Brokk is now 12th level but still lets everyone else do the bulk of the fighting.... I've got love weak True Neutral characters (Str 10, Dex 8)!

Sorontar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    33 - but still young at heart/mind.

Started playing about a year after the game was first published; dismissed the setting as another trashy TSR product when it first arrievd in my local gaming store...how wrong I was

Have played standard P&P domain games, P&P adventure games, PBeMs (not only as RoE DM, but as a player in several short-lived ones) and an EPIC BR P&P adventure/domain game.
    Last edited by Green Knight; 05-29-2008 at 09:15 AM.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Thread Information