Downloads
    Uploads

Alternate Aduria (and beyond)

Hi,

I'm considering adding something to the Wiki, more specifically my work on extra-Cerilian areas. I'm not sure how to go about this, however, and I am especially uncertain how to differentiate my work from that made by others (covering the same areas). It's a lot of pages...so if any Wiki veteran has some suggestions I'd like to hear them.

The current "version" of the work can be found at http://www.atlas.twilightpeaks.net/ but I've added a lot of additional content since this site was created. Perhaps it is not even worth the effort to move the content to the wiki? Perhaps I should just update the site instead?
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you started out with your project, you didn't look for others from that area and compared?
    I think the best solution is to compare and update. Anyone else after you trying to write something new should consider doing comparison also. There is a lot of effort wasted if all of us write our own stuff instead of just updating what's already written. Consider Cerilia, there's still room for filling in information, both old and new.

Later, there can be a discussion about content, how it fits in, etc.
    And please, don't put the names of the places similar or equal to ones found in our real world...

I like researching and searching for every written material on the internet about BR, so I've already stumbled on your website. It's nice and wouldn't like to throw it away, I know you wouldn't also, because you made it. So same probably goes for other people who have done some of their own.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a lot of stuff on Aduria out there anyway, not at that moment at least, except for the Empires of Blood, that just didn't fit my campaign at all (and was sketchy at best). The primary source has been the BR article depicting the journey of an Anuirean ship (the name escapes me at the moment) and the hand-drawn Aduira map.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a lot of stuff, that's true.
    Some of the official sketches, other Rich Baker's lost files except the ship, hints?
    There could be a couple of pages with minor info.

Is there anything from Empires of blood that fits into your campaign or something that's already on wiki?
    Maybe some of the existing material really needs purging.
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    Hi,

I'm considering adding something to the Wiki, more specifically my work on extra-Cerilian areas. I'm not sure how to go about this, however, and I am especially uncertain how to differentiate my work from that made by others (covering the same areas). It's a lot of pages...so if any Wiki veteran has some suggestions I'd like to hear them.

The current "version" of the work can be found at http://www.atlas.twilightpeaks.net/ but I've added a lot of additional content since this site was created. Perhaps it is not even worth the effort to move the content to the wiki? Perhaps I should just update the site instead?
    Well, I redid the Aduria layout in the wiki - I figures that treated the first one up as the default didn't make a lot of sense. http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Aduria

I made a start at setting you up a page, see what you think of it:
    http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...Twilight_Peaks

You may need to have each main geographical area have its own page, it depends how much information you have to transfer - see http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...night/Alitaene

Let me know if you'd rather have the page show as User:GreenKnight/Twilight Peaks (its real name) rather than just Twilight Peaks. Similarly if I made any mistakes that you aren't sure how to fix.

Personally I'd love to see everyone's personal BR pages being uploaded to the wiki - making it a real 'one-stop-shop' as it were.
    Last edited by AndrewTall; 05-23-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: I made some tweaks to the wiki page and obsoleted a comment or two...

I make frequent stops to Greenknights Aduria website and the work he's done is amazing.

Thread Information