Thread: Shadowdancer

Hybrid View

I currently have a Rog7/Sha5 PC that I really love to play and it made me wonder where a prestige class like this would fit into Birthright.

- Should it be limited to only halflings?
    - Will the shadow they summon end up being evil no matter what?
    - Should the dimension door abillity change to Shadow Walk?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're going to use in BR, don't try to limit it to much. Anyone with a link to the shadows should be able to take it. Halflings, and especially evil SW halflings, may be more likely to take it, but others should be able too.

IMO shadows are evil, and good SD should be careful about summoning them. That may limit this PC attractiveness to good charcters, which sounds good to me.

Keep the dimension door ability, but remember that splls such as there should work by interacting with the SW regardless of what their DnD spell description says (just substitute Ethereal, Astral og Plane of Shadow with Shadow World).
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Au contraire. If you are going to use a prestige class, limit it as well as you can - that's the point of prestige classes. Limiting it to halflings is one thing - it also makes since for some priesthoods of Eloéle.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even I think there has to be an entry requirement. I just don't think one should arbitraily block anyone but halflings from using it. For the shadowdancer the propper connection to the SW might be a requirement.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would agree that there would have to be a propper connection to the SW, but what would that connection be? Having halfling blood, a wizard who studies the shadow world, certain priesthoods, or DM discretion?
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    No character should just become a prestige class without working his ass off to meet the necessary requirements *both stat-wise and role-playing wise*. The easiest way to become a member of a prestige class(especially one so specialized as a shadow dancer) should be to be teached by a mentor who is already of that prestige class, and to show the aptitudes necessary. Otherwise, the character would need to get the necessary knowledge to have a chance to become one. As mentioned above, and halfling or a priest of Eloele would have an easier time becoming a shadow dancer, but someone who spends sufficient time studying about the Shadow World in general, perhaps even experiences it in specific, could be allowed to become a shadow dancer. Ultimately, its up to the player to work on what he thinks he might need to achieve his goal, and up to the dm to decide when he is ready to do so.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Maybe the simplest thing would be to add a Special tag to the requirements for the prestige class. Here's what I suggest:

Special: The character must have made peaceable contact with a creature of the Shadow World. Halfings are the exception to this rule.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am all for taking Prestige Classes and making them world specific.

Ok, that's great, any thoughts about this topic?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can anyone say Shadow Magic feat? (describe in another prestige class thread).
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Thread Information